Anyone use davenport custom ovens?

EncryptedCoatings
My Location: Michigan

Anyone use davenport custom ovens?

Post by EncryptedCoatings » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:25 pm

Just gonna post this. I have tried contacting them and asking the following. No response. At all. Not saying they make bad oven. To be honest ovens are simple imo. But this does represents the communication.

Colin,

Thank you for the rapid response! I’m very excited to purchase one. I did have a few questions I hope you could answer for me. As a business owner I’m sure you will understand why all the questions lol 

What is the uncertainty measurement in operating temperature?
What type of feedback have you received on the ovens? I did see a few complaints on powder365.com about the doors fallingoff after a few use and one about a shop almost catching fire? Was this a concern has it been poka-yoked? any other updates to the ovens over the years to improve quality? Has the shipping problems been resolved?
Are your ovens OSHA compliant?
What gauge steel is used for the construction of the interworking’s of the oven? (studs)
Do your ovens come with warranties?
Do you have any reviews online or video reviews?
Do you offer build prints for customer review? (I would like to run by my engineer)
Element expected life?

Thank you for all the information in advance.  This will be a substantial investment for my family!

From: Davenport Custom [mailto:davenportcustomcoating@gmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 10:14 PM
To: Jacob
Subject: Re: PDF information

Jacob,
I attached the PDF below for our 4x4x6.
Amp draw for the unit is 33A @240V.
Please feel free to call or email with any questions you may have.

Thanks,

Colin Riexinger
Davenport Custom Coating
309-631-0664

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 1:16 PM, Jacob

Hello,
               I called for information on your ovens as well as a quote for shipping 
4x4x6
Thanks!

ChicagoCustomPC
My Location: Northlake

Re: Anyone use davenport custom ovens?

Post by ChicagoCustomPC » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:39 pm

Here's my overall experience. And as for your tactic to bust my balls its ok, im slowly getting use to it lol

I bought my columbia oven what maybe a year ago? I had one of Colin's mini's for small shit not worth firing up a 6x6x12 for a valve cover or one wheel repair is it?

Anyways, I started off with his 4x6x8, LOVED IT. It was a 50amp single phase machine, and had 0 problems. Why the f*** would I lie? Im the type of guy that would be on here bashing him if I hated it lol.

My second purchase was a 8x8x8 booth, single phase 30amp. LOVED IT, never had one issue.

I ended up purchasing a 4x4x6 oven as a secondary because he had an extra, and again I LOVED IT. Not one issue.

I ended up moving into a larger facility and kept seeing electric was more money to run than gas, and that gas heats up/cures different. So I decided to sell both of my electric ovens and the booth, so that I could upgrade. I went from a $7,000 setup to a $31,000 setup. 10x10x20 binks, 8x10x10 booth, and 2 wagners. Nice upsize huh?

As I had my last company, which Im sure RideIndustries will recall "Armor Tech" I purchased one of his 5x5x6 ovens while using the newly setup mentioned above because he had an extra yet again. I used that for smaller items and when I needed extra work done while my bigger oven was in use. LOVED IT, never had an issue.

As for his items, always on point, price is AMAZING!, never broke on me, as for electric yes it pulls a nice size amp. Customer service is 100% amazing, delivers on time, and also has texted/called me to checkup and see if his items were up to my par after some time. I could not rate any highly. I could care less to lie, I would say shit sucks and do not ever buy from them. You can ask Colin, he knows me well and we still catch a beer when hes in town. I still purchase little things from him, he makes custom carts, heating applications, tanks of all sorts. I am overall a satisfied customer.

Ted, are you serious? Your a business man right? But your on a national forum bashing another mans company. Professional? Not at all. Im shocked to see someone get on a forum and bad mouth a competitor. If he was that bad, he wouldnt be doing over 100k a year in sales on his ovens now would he. But for principal im shocked to see someone quickly jump down another guys back and shit talk him. Shame on you sir.

WiseAssYT
My Location: Leaps ahead of you

Post by WiseAssYT » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:00 pm

Ted absolutely should be bashing the guy , Ted helped him and probably held his hand and the douche bag turns around undercuts the guy and builds an identicle but inferior product, that if Ted didn't point out one could confuse it as his(teds)

I call bullshit ,no way is that guy making 100 grand a year selling ovens that no one can legally use in a business, or nothing personal Ted but even I'd be selling ovens !hahaha

Frank let's be real ,your no one to be asking Ted, some one who's been in a real business for over 10 years and never changing his company name or whatever the fuck that morons excuses are, gets sued,a bad review and changes his entire business or moves , like you do !?

Ted gets my business because he has a real reputation based on hard work and merit , no surprise though that you would support a business that has screwed over 100's but since your satisfied your convinced he walks on water.
Your constant support of this guy makes one really wonder what the relation is ? Your the only happy customer since he claimed to have started building ovens in since 2006 , keep in mind THERE IS NOT 1 SINGLE REAL REVIEW ANYWHERE ON DAVENPORT OVENS OR ANYTHING CLOSE on the entire internet

tedsfab
My Location:

Post by tedsfab » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:09 am

ChicagoCustomPC wrote: Ted, are you serious? Your a business man right? But your on a national forum bashing another mans company. Professional? Not at all. Im shocked to see someone get on a forum and bad mouth a competitor. If he was that bad, he wouldnt be doing over 100k a year in sales on his ovens now would he. But for principal im shocked to see someone quickly jump down another guys back and shit talk him. Shame on you sir.
yea im fucking serious, when someone buys something from you and rides your coat tails it should piss you off, he creates this image that hes been building ovens for a very long time, in fact i sold him his 1st oven, and if you do enough leg work you can see he even mentioned getting into coating around 2010 on some forums, i wouldnt care if he was an honest person but hes not. he really pissed me off when he bought that box from us and advertised it as his own, the same damn box i put together!!!..... i could care less that hes building ovens, really the more the better for that fact.

if anyone out there thinks im bashing for telling the truth well im sorry, but any REAL business person i talk to about the situation can see it, and those who actually get online and do the research finds out real quick how shady that guy is.

here ya go ... this is when he had a FB page..... i guess thats the good thing when you have a FB page, you get some bad feedback you can just delete the page,......also note the different mention of business names sales person etc.....

Last edited by tedsfab on Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teds fabrication inc.

tedsfab
My Location:

Post by tedsfab » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:12 am

ChicagoCustomPC wrote: I ended up purchasing a 4x4x6 oven as a secondary because he had an extra, and again I LOVED IT. Not one issue.
i forgot to ask , is this the same oven you listed for sale under your armortech name that you didnt know who built it until i said something ... then you asked your business partner where it came from ????
Teds fabrication inc.

ChicagoCustomPC
My Location: Northlake

Post by ChicagoCustomPC » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:52 pm

WiseAss...Im done with you, not going to even respond. Me changing the name of my company has nothing to do with what we are talking about, and it has no effect on you, your business, or my business. My customers are the same, quality of work is the same, and I have personal reasons to why I switched the company name. I love thats all you ever bash me about, again great knowing you have that much interest in me ;)

i forgot to ask , is this the same oven you listed for sale under your armortech name that you didnt know who built it until i said something ... then you asked your business partner where it came from ????
Ted, my apologies. I had no idea about the past issues/current issues with the duplicate of your item. I just thought you decided to chime in and blow smoke because it was a competitor. Figured it was some sort of pissing contest.

As for the feedback/public FB posts I could care less. When someone gets pissed, or multiple people they try to do anything to make someone elses life miserable. I based my feedback/ "Stellar review" off my personal experience which I still stand by. No problem. So as for the posted comments and feedback from other people, not my problem. I was not basing it off public view but as the other guy asked if anyone has dealt with purchasing from them and I simply answered.

If anyone feels offended or upset with what I have said, my apologies. WiseAss, relax man. Always quick to jump on my ass.

Shubbard00
My Location: Usa

Post by Shubbard00 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:40 pm

We recently purchased two ovens from them. One electric and one gas, both are and we’re a disaster. When their staff is scared..then our mechanical contractor was terrified and starting backing away, we knew we were in trouble. We spent around $30,000 fixing the entire heating system. Thankfully the combustion chamber did not explode! The owner, I believe offered to cover the costs for our mechanical contractor to fix it because they were clueless. We have begun legal action at this point.

As for the electric oven, we are constantly replacing failing components on it. I’d suggest staying away.

pbriggs18
My Location: Iowa

Post by pbriggs18 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:43 pm

I also purchased a gas oven from Davenport Custom Coating. It was a complete disaster and they couldnt get it to fire for the longest time. They had it wired wrong, replaced the controller a few times and when it finally started heating up even more problems happened. I would consider it an explosion as every corner of the combustion box blew out. It warped all the inside panels, blew out chunks of concrete, blew out the sight glass on the burner itself. Also going through legal action and have had multiple people in to investigate. The owner was great at communicating at first and now after that explosion occurred he said he would fix it. That was the last I heard from Colin, blocked me on social media, and wont answer text, calls, or emails.