Used pro gun?

The things that help make your coating life a little easier.
WeredadsWorkshop
My Location: Ohio

Used pro gun?

Post by WeredadsWorkshop » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:12 am

I see it mentioned a lot of the times to buy a used pro gun instead of spending 1k bucks on a Kool Koat or Hyper Smooth. I've seen it mentioned you can buy a used pro gun for under a grand even, but I have no idea what I'm looking for or if somethings a good deal. Does anyone have some models I should look for, or experience with purchasing a used gun?

I was considering a chinese gun that someone on youtube seems to like a lot, it apparently has all the features you'd typically want for around $1200 shipped. I'm just not sure what to do here lol, I generally don't go cheap when I dive into a new endeavor and try to get something that will last. I'm starting on building my oven this week, the idea is to turn this into a money maker so I'd like to be properly setup.

WeredadsWorkshop

Re: Used pro gun?

Post by WeredadsWorkshop » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:02 am

Does anyone know anything about the Wagner EPG-D1? I found some cheap options for an EPG-D1 and a PEA-C2 that was upgraded to a C4. I can't really find much info about these though.

WeredadsWorkshop

Post by WeredadsWorkshop » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:54 am

Found a bit of info on them, might go for it, seems to be a really good price, $850 for 2 of them with 2 guns.

I did figure out that the PEA-C4, the A stands for Automatic. Is there any way to convert these to PEM or manual guns?

WeredadsWorkshop

Post by WeredadsWorkshop » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:19 am

So I think I'm gonna pass on that one, overseas shipping, can't find any info on if those guns can be converted, etc.

So then the viable options I'm seeing is

A used Gema PGC setup, hopper version

Or a brand new Colo KF-X1 hopper version as well

Probably close to the same price. The KF-X1 is of course digital, and the company is apparently pretty reputable in the industry for powder coating setups, granted not as well known as the big 3 obviously. But it seems to give me the most for the money. The Gema PGC setup is refurbished I believe, looks decent but all analog controls and such.