Vacuum to clean up over spray?

The things that help make your coating life a little easier.
happymachinist
My Location:

Vacuum to clean up over spray?

Post by happymachinist » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:34 pm

You are telling me what I wanted to hear, thanks guys. Should make keeping the shop clean a lot easier. Just didn't want a small explosion to singe the beard :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alpowder
My Location:

Re: Vacuum to clean up over spray?

Post by Alpowder » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:30 am

Jay V wrote:I've done a lot of remodeling and dry-walling, and have had good luck with wrapping the pleated shopvac filter with the disposable shop rags ( Scott "rags in a box" - heavy duty paper towels), tape the seam, and tuck the ends inside the filter at the top and bottom. Air flow is fine.

When the filter is clogged you just pull off your disposable prefilter and toss it. The expensive pleated filter stays clean. Cheap, quick, easy.

Jay V
Wow! thanks.

FiveORacing
My Location:

Post by FiveORacing » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:51 pm

I have a Ruwac Little Red. Does an incredible job, I even vacuum my filters with it, but they're expensive. It will hold about 20 pounds of powder in the tray before I have to empty it.

PowderWorx
My Location:

Post by PowderWorx » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:12 pm

Is anyone using an air vacuum? I took my coating class this week put on by tiger and gema (write up to come later) and they were adamant against using shop vacs, it was a very big deal. They said they have seen several instances where the right elements came together and the shop vac exploded, in one instance it was so powerful it lifted the roof off. Anyways its enough for me to start looking into another avenue. I was thinking about building one but if someone knows of an air vacuum thats fairly cheap i'd rather go that route. If you dont know what I mean by air vacuum, Im talking about a vacuum that works just like the pickup tubes on the powder machines, suction is created by blowing air across an orifice.

dropride
My Location:

Post by dropride » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:47 pm

We use one of these at work for vaccing out heater boxes http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/WESTWA ... Pid=search" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jonyferhack
My Location: LAHORE

Post by jonyferhack » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:15 am

I'm interested in such as best garage vacuum cleaner. Here Anyone that can suggest me better from this.