overcooked parts

cesarbee440
My Location: Seattle

overcooked parts

Post by cesarbee440 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:57 pm

Oven didn't come with a manual from an Ebay seller. Set the temp and I thought it was on Fahrenheit but was on Celsius. Thought oven was having trouble getting to my set temp of 390* and was stuck at 324* so I left the parts in longer and I didn't want to open the door and lose heat. My temp was probably closer to 575*! The red parts turned brown but since I have burn off oven heat almost, it sandblasted really easy.

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Re: overcooked parts

Post by duke46 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:04 am

By chance is that controller one you can set for C or F? Or will you just have to write down the conversion temps and then set it? Unless you know the C temps.
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jay V
My Location:

Post by Jay V » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:44 am

You really can't go by the oven set temp anyway.

You need to be able to read the part temp to determine when to start your cure time.

cesarbee440

Post by cesarbee440 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:08 pm

Thanks for the input, guys!
It does have c and f settings, I didn't get a manual w/ the oven...very basic and follow through is not very good. I had to reach out to the seller before he could send it a couple weeks later. Claimed he needed my phone # for the shipper and my email to send instructions which was very vague and I lost the email! EBay had all my info for address, email, phone etc! The oven is bare bones but a good starting point...4x4x6.
I do have an IR gun but didn't want to open the oven as I thought it was struggling to get up to temp. Next for me is to install a small door, a light and an electric fan. I had the info about using hi temp electrical wire and having the fan barely turning is all I'm suppose to need.

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Post by duke46 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:44 am

All controllers (PID'S) I have ever dealt with had the name on them and numbers and I have always been able to Google them to get a manual but as long as you know what you have to do then you should be good to go and yep get that little door made so you can take your IR readings and hope you gun reads good?
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cesarbee440

Post by cesarbee440 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:26 pm

Thanks Duke!
I did Google the part and I got direction on how to adjust it and it's still confusing. Maybe one of my kids or friends can walk me through it...I'm not very good at reading manuals and directions... seems confusing but I'll get it figured out.
It's a Maxwell brand(Chinese), the seller sent me another email and it says it's simple to set but I don't find that the case.
I wish I could post some pics on here but when I tried, it always says it's too large. I'm also thinking maybe I'm not allowed to yet because I've only had 3 posts.
I'm working on fine tuning my sandblaster and turning my Harbor Freight little blast cabinet to make it more efficient and I can do rusty, greasy parts in it with the cheaper garnet rather than the in the bigger cabinet with aluminum oxide media.

tedsfab
My Location:

Post by tedsfab » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:57 pm

you could post pics on imgur.com its pretty easy to upload them, and then there is an upload bar where you can just copy and paste the picture link into the subject here on the forum and it will post
Teds fabrication inc.

cesarbee440

Post by cesarbee440 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:54 am

thank you tedsfab!