New Oven Build for Garage Propane Fired *PICS ADDED

phoenixcreations
My Location: phoenix

Re: New Oven Build for Garage Propane Fired *PICS ADDED

Post by phoenixcreations » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:16 pm

the black wire goes to the plug connection. on the manual it shows 2 wires on the thermostat wich is yellow and that copper wire. so your saying to unplug the blue and the yellow to see if it fires? then connect both of them if it doesn't fire?

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Post by duke46 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:28 pm

Yep and best guess at this time!
Oh, If jumping the two wires on the connecter lets it come on using you new PID and might even come on just plugged in and your gas connected then you will not know for sure if it will stay on until it is connect to your duct into your oven and your exhaust is ready to discharge any excess heat /air.
Your unit does have a blow back/pressure related built in switch to cut the unit off just incase something less say blocks its out going air flow.

Guy it is getting late for this old man and a rainy day and has been for over a week and more to come here on the east coat of NC so I am going for a little TV time and then hit he bed. I am on EST here and 70 years old and feel it a bunch here lately :(
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

phoenixcreations

Post by phoenixcreations » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:50 pm

appreciate the help. ill get to it and see how it goes

SlvrE60
My Location: Cincinnati

Post by SlvrE60 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:40 am

I am sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have the same solenoid setup on mine that you have there. What I found was, you have to press the knob to start the gas flow. I tried replacing the solenoid but I went cheap and the replacement 3/8 didn't flow and my oven would never get to temp. I did not attempt to unplug the blug that has the blue and yellow wire so please let me know how that works. If nothing else, I am going to order one of the more expensive valves I suppose. Overall though, my oven has been performing well, I need a filter though, my parts continue to have small defects.

SlvrE60

Post by SlvrE60 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:40 am

I am sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have the same solenoid setup on mine that you have there. What I found was, you have to press the knob to start the gas flow. I tried replacing the solenoid but I went cheap and the replacement 3/8 didn't flow and my oven would never get to temp. I did not attempt to unplug the blug that has the blue and yellow wire so please let me know how that works. If nothing else, I am going to order one of the more expensive valves I suppose. Overall though, my oven has been performing well, I need a filter though, my parts continue to have small defects.

phoenixcreations

Post by phoenixcreations » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:58 pm

i made a filter out of 6 12x12s small filters like duke posted. i got the heater working with the pid. what i had to do was unplug the clip that has the blue and yellow wire and wire them together and left it unplugged. its now turning on and off with the pid. i tried splicing the yellow wire to the blue while and plugged the clip back in but that didnt work, it kept on running on its own.

SlvrE60

Post by SlvrE60 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:02 am

what I found when I did that with the wires was the solenoid continued to stay open even when power was cut. Your not having this issue?

duke46

Post by duke46 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:00 am

SlvrE60 wrote:what I found when I did that with the wires was the solenoid continued to stay open even when power was cut. Your not having this issue?
His heater and your heater are not even close to the same. His had no button to push in. His has a control knob that he can raise or lower the amount of BTU it puts out and that same control I think cuts it off.

All the ones that I know about then the built in TC has to be straight wired for so the unit will stay on and the PID operate it.

I am not sure if I understand the deal with the valve you bought? I think I posted the correct type and what guys had used in the past on a heater like you bought and what was used in the picture I posted. Now if the guys that did have to add that valve had any problems with their oven not heating up then they never posted it but I am sure they would have.

I do know one thing and on a heater his size you have to use the correct regulator for it so it will heat the way it should. I tried that on mine and found out it would not work so I had to order the correct size. The small heater you have uses a smaller one because that is all it needs.

phoenixcreations

Post by phoenixcreations » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:15 pm

yea our heaters are different and duke pretty much explained it. mines auto fire with a knob to control btu and i dont have to mash any button for it to start.

duke46

Post by duke46 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:46 pm

phoenixcreations wrote:yea our heaters are different and duke pretty much explained it. mines auto fire with a knob to control btu and i dont have to mash any button for it to start.
If my memory is correct his is also auto fire but to turn his on you had to hold in or turn the gas valve on it. That is what he had to buy the add on valve so then once power was applied then it would come on just like yours. But even then the built in TC has to be straight wired just like you had to do.