New propane connection

Kenny1448
My Location: 77396

New propane connection

Post by Kenny1448 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:59 am

I built a 4x4x8 propane powder oven. My question is I purchased the Auber 2342 PID. I understand the wiring just my ignition push switch is also my BTU control. Not sure how to wire this or do I need to buy a solenoid ad replace the entire switch? If I did this how would I regulate the heat? This is the heater I purchased thinking it had a push button switch. TIA

https://www.grainger.com/product/32MY61 ... Call-_-SKU

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Re: New propane connection

Post by duke46 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:41 am

You better be glad it didn't have a push button or could not use it.
The PID you bought has it own built in relay and will handle that unit very easy.

You do need to buy a TC thermocouple to place inside your oven and it will wire to the PID and that way the PID will cut your oven off and on. You will mount it on the side middle of your oven and maybe 2' down from the top and offset it an inch or two. You may have to move it up or down later?

You will have to go inside the heater and straight wire its built in TC so your PID can operate it. The wiring info should be on the instructions that came with it? Everyone that uses one of these heaters has to do it. You will still be able to control the heat output it has on the side of it.

You do need to get one or two off and own toggle switches. One you can cut the PID off when not using it and the second one will go in one of the wires that drops down to your heater so you can turn the heater off when opening the door to take IR readings or keep it off while setting the temp on the PID.

I am guessing you have all the other info you need as for as exhaust goes and that does need to go to the outside of your place? A 4" duct close to the bottom as you can go and can be on the rear or side. When attaching it to your oven then make sure the pipe you use fits over the heaters fire chamber and not over the outside housing. Depending on placement you made need to add a deflector to help send heat the way you need it to go?

That should give you all the info you need I guess :)
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kenny1448

Post by Kenny1448 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:31 am

Thanks Duke, yes you indeed answered my question and then some. I ordered the TC that was recommended for this PID and all is connected. Today I will have that wired up and running. Thanks for your help

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Post by duke46 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:26 pm

Kenny1448 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:31 am
Thanks Duke, yes you indeed answered my question and then some. I ordered the TC that was recommended for this PID and all is connected. Today I will have that wired up and running. Thanks for your help
I hope your order the 4 or 6" TC and not the damn stubby one that will not work very well at all?
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kenny1448

Post by Kenny1448 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:11 am

I ordered the 6" K type TC. So far so good. Takes roughly 5 minute to get to temp.