Circulating fan instead of blower

Carlos
My Location: Texas

Circulating fan instead of blower

Post by Carlos » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:36 pm

I will be building a 4’ X 4’ X 7’ electric oven. Instead of using blower fans, I would rather use an internal fan with an external motor. If necessary, I could use one at the top pushing air down and another at the bottom pushing the air up, therefore causing circulation.

The problem is that I can’t find a suitable motor for a reasonable price. I’m guessing that one around 1400 rpm should work. I may have to settle for buying one from Grainger, but I would rather salvage one from a junked appliance. What kind of appliance would use a motor like this? I tried using a window fan motor, but it overheats because it doesn’t get any air flow.

Carlos

goathog02
My Location: 18038

Re: Circulating fan instead of blower

Post by goathog02 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:31 pm

Wondering if an answer was shared for this? I am in need of a good solution too.

stummel78
My Location: Germany

Re: Circulating fan instead of blower

Post by stummel78 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:29 am

In my opinion it's better to work with more smaller heating Elements which where evenly installed.

In my oven the heat elements are installed in the deeper area...the air is about 20-25 degree hotter in the upper area but the curing parts are definitely hotter near the heating elements!

The next oven will get more but smaller heat Elements evenly installed over both side walls...I think about quartz heat elements for infrared curing