powdercoating with pearl

hjeades
My Location: Pekin, IL

Re: powdercoating with pearl

Post by hjeades » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:36 pm

phoenixcreations wrote:Painthuffer.com
Thanks
Harley
Happiness is crusing in your street machine with a big breasted woman and a cold beer!
Definition of a Street Machine: A high horse power vehicle able to burn tires in high gear, & capable of evading high speed pursuit.
Restoration is not just a way of life, it's a way to bring new life. Save a car build a hot rod!
http://www.likenewparts.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

archaicguy
My Location: MO

Post by archaicguy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:26 pm

I know this is an old post but it is what led me to this site.....
I want to powder my motorcycle wheels white with a hint of blue....
I have just ordered Blue Ghost Pearl from Paint with Pearl and now I need to order powder...
My question is could I just do a gloss white and add the pearl to that or apply the white then add the pearl to a clear top coat?

hjeades
My Location: Pekin, IL

Post by hjeades » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:38 pm

Make sure you have a pearl additive that is good for powder coating. Not all pearl additives are ok for 400 degrees.

You can add your pearl either way each will give you a different look. Best way is to do test panels. Also keep
track of much you add to the amount of powder you will use incase you need to make another batch of the
same color mix.
Harley
Happiness is crusing in your street machine with a big breasted woman and a cold beer!
Definition of a Street Machine: A high horse power vehicle able to burn tires in high gear, & capable of evading high speed pursuit.
Restoration is not just a way of life, it's a way to bring new life. Save a car build a hot rod!
http://www.likenewparts.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;