Coating Harley Type Jugs & Heads

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Coating Harley Type Jugs & Heads

Post by duke46 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:56 pm

Old 90's Gema systems guys if there are any that have used them? Or just maybe any unit?

It is a good old unit but it and Faraday areas are not its cup of tea or just could be my settings maybe?

I have a customer that wants his Harley Heads coated in a wrinkle and I have only coated one old iron head that I heated up and a couple of the older rocker boxes but never tried the Gema.

What would be a good setting for me to try so I can get powder into the fins?

I did watch on video and the guy was using maybe low-end unit and he was very close to the fins and it seemed to be doing the job really well. That tells me he had the KV's low and air turned down so it that the secret for doing them?
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

13clicks
My Location: 95975

Re: Coating Harley Type Jugs & Heads

Post by 13clicks » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:09 pm

I know its the customers choice but coating these heads is a bad idea because this is basically the only way these air cooled motors keep cool... the fins are the radiator. Just my 2 cents.

blake

Harleydad
My Location:

Post by Harleydad » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:06 pm

13clicks wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:09 pm
I know its the customers choice but coating these heads is a bad idea because this is basically the only way these air cooled motors keep cool... the fins are the radiator. Just my 2 cents.

blake
Not an issue. Harley coats jugs at the factory.
I love my country, but fear my Government

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations - James Madison

rcollins
My Location:

Post by rcollins » Mon May 06, 2019 10:53 pm

Coating the jugs and heads is no issue, have done it numerous times with no issue. Well other than faraday PIA!