Cutters check in thread

alleykat
My Location:

Re: Cutters check in thread

Post by alleykat » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:17 am

Well looks like im like they're backed up pretty good so I wont see my machine till about 2 months or a little longer.Time to keep busy so I can forget about the wait. :oops:

Dano
My Location:

Post by Dano » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:14 am

alleykat wrote:Well looks like im like they're backed up pretty good so I wont see my machine till about 2 months or a little longer.Time to keep busy so I can forget about the wait. :oops:
Try to keep busy. The time will go faster. :(
Sorry to hear this but when it does arrive, it'll be all that much more fun setting it up.
Dano.
Custom Plasma Cutting.
Serving Laramie, Wyoming since Thursday.
Droberts@ironpequod.com - (615)300-2882

alleykat
My Location:

Post by alleykat » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:01 pm

Dano wrote:Try to keep busy. The time will go faster. :(
Sorry to hear this but when it does arrive, it'll be all that much more fun setting it up.
Well good thing is I wont have to set up anything.Usually you just need to add the legs to the table if its shipped and everything else is ready to go.Since its 6.5 hours away im just gonna go pick it up and trailer it home.You get a free class that way too showing you the software basics and such.

SSPowderCoating
My Location:

Post by SSPowderCoating » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:57 pm

Made some 3 Link Brackets for my race car.
Laser vs Plasma
Cut out some frame rail boxing plates for a customer.

alleykat
My Location:

Post by alleykat » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:16 am

^ Dam how thick is that metal? Cut looks great! Gives me good hope since I ordered my table with an A60 aswell.

SSPowderCoating
My Location:

Post by SSPowderCoating » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:13 am

alleykat wrote:^ Dam how thick is that metal? Cut looks great! Gives me good hope since I ordered my table with an A60 aswell.
3/16 plate

Bigrhamr
My Location:

Post by Bigrhamr » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:49 pm

I've got a 5'x10' table built by Fastcut using Dynatorch electronics. Hypertherm 45 and just got a Hypertherm 1650 that will go on when I start cutting again. Everything has been mothballed for the last 6 months while I move and build a new shop which is nearing completion.

Alleykat, the one suggestion I would make is while you're awaiting the new table do some research and find out what you will use for design software and start practicing and even designing your first projects. IDK what software your table comes with but it's usually just the machine control and not anything for CAD or artsy stuff. Learning to run the table will be quick and easy compared to design work. Good luck with it and have fun!

alleykat
My Location:

Post by alleykat » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:50 am

Bigrhamr wrote:I've got a 5'x10' table built by Fastcut using Dynatorch electronics. Hypertherm 45 and just got a Hypertherm 1650 that will go on when I start cutting again. Everything has been mothballed for the last 6 months while I move and build a new shop which is nearing completion.

Alleykat, the one suggestion I would make is while you're awaiting the new table do some research and find out what you will use for design software and start practicing and even designing your first projects. IDK what software your table comes with but it's usually just the machine control and not anything for CAD or artsy stuff. Learning to run the table will be quick and easy compared to design work. Good luck with it and have fun!
Taken from their site

-Artcam for drawing
-Sheetcam for toolpaths
-Mach3 for controller software

Right now the parts I already get cut out by a waterjet place my friend did the CAD work for me.What I do is give him a rough drawing with my measurements and he does the rest.I told him this new machine will come with artcam and he laughed saying its super easy to use.Guess if all else fails i'll let him teach me here and there.He used to do CAD work for a living until he switched careers.Im lucky to have him on my side thats for sure.
Last edited by alleykat on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alleykat
My Location:

Post by alleykat » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:52 pm

I get my table on Monday. :D

alleykat
My Location:

Post by alleykat » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:13 am

My setup

Need to get a water hose to fill up the watertable,got tired of going bucket by bucket. :lol: