Nitro Faze cup gun review

TiradoCustomCoatings
My Location:

Nitro Faze cup gun review

Post by TiradoCustomCoatings » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:02 pm

On the search for a reliable and quality powder coating gun for ourselves/customers, we decided to give the Nitro Faze cup gun a try. We've been using a very old system, that is not only beat up, but as most cheap units will hiccup and is difficult doing more than 2 coats. We do have a "King Coat" gun, and without going into detail it has gotten maybe 5 uses and basically sits in the corner. On to the review:

Upon receiving the gun, the first thing we noticed is the gun was very well packaged. Once we started unpacking, we were very happy with the quality of all the components. Compared to our King Coat, it looks as if there was some thought put into this system and only quality components were chosen.

After getting everything setup, we connected our air/ground and started to get acquainted with the system. We really like the cups, especially since we use probably 10 colors very frequently and we can simply store/label those colors and keep them stored. Flow of the powder: WOW, extremely smooth and zero hiccups even if the trigger is left pressed for an extended time. Cleanup: Taking our time we can get the gun cleaned up and ready to shoot another color in about 30 seconds roughly. Testing: The very first parts we coated was a set of (4) Nissan 370z wheels for a local customer. Color is mirror black and we added a clear coat for added protection/shine. We are very proud to be offering these units to our customers. Not only is the unit priced very fair, but the quality and most importantly customer service is hard to beat. Big thanks to Cindy & Don @ Powder365.

---Tirado Custom Coatings/TCC Ovens

Dano
My Location:

Re: Nitro Faze cup gun review

Post by Dano » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:31 pm

It's one hellava gun, but y'all know how much I like the one I use.
The Nitro is highly recommended by this rookie.
Last edited by Dano on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dano.
Custom Plasma Cutting.
Serving Laramie, Wyoming since Thursday.
Droberts@ironpequod.com - (615)300-2882

SCOTTRODS
My Location:

Post by SCOTTRODS » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:52 am

Looks like a winner to me as well. Fairly quick color changes and all. Looks like a great gun for the money.

I have but one question that wears on me on all the guns I see..... Especially after being an Eastwood Pro Gun owner..... Why can't the guns be built to have complete disconnect for cleaning? the power cable doesn't appear to disconnect on this gun. If it did, I'd be Buying one next week. If you guys figure that out and can make it happen, let me know and I'll load one up on a credit card. But for now, I'll probably just stick to the EW pro gun for a panel shooter/back up gun. (The bad part is..... I really do want to buy one.... how dumb is that, since I already have 4 guns?) :mrgreen:

See photos of my work at
http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg6/terrellster/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001788886297" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EMAIL scott@scottrodspc.com

Dysan
My Location:

Post by Dysan » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:48 pm

Any chance of you taking a video with the new gun while coating some parts? I'm so close to ordering one of these and would love to see one or 2 more videos of it in action.

trg
My Location:

Post by trg » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:28 am

I agree, if you get some time take some videos and youtube them. Im surprised no one else really has.

Dano
My Location:

Post by Dano » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:14 am

trg wrote:I agree, if you get some time take some videos and youtube them. Im surprised no one else really has.

Here are three....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9MzkrxGYUc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dano.
Custom Plasma Cutting.
Serving Laramie, Wyoming since Thursday.
Droberts@ironpequod.com - (615)300-2882

NorthernCustoms
My Location:

Post by NorthernCustoms » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:19 pm

I bought one a couple of months ago and LOVE it.
I would highly recommend it to any one.
Easy to set controls and light weight and maneuverable .
Cleanup is a breeze for quick color changes.

TiradoCustomCoatings
My Location:

Post by TiradoCustomCoatings » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:23 pm

trg wrote:I agree, if you get some time take some videos and youtube them. Im surprised no one else really has.
We are working on a video, we'll post it on here soon.

trg
My Location:

Post by trg » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:48 pm

This gun interests me in many ways. How about pics of it broken down? I need a cup gun for doing little pieces and color chips etc. I have a spectracoat es02wp and bought the cup gun for it and its a gigantic piece of crap.

SweetPowder
My Location: Dumas,Texas

Post by SweetPowder » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:24 pm

I would like to see it in action too on second and third coats