run down of the differences EPG 2008 and optiflex 1b?

Support & testimonies for Powder365 powder coating guns
pavetim
My Location: japan

run down of the differences EPG 2008 and optiflex 1b?

Post by pavetim » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:02 am

Ok last question as I have to make a decision today. What are the differences as like what each one has and the other doesn't. I am going to buy one of these just not sure what one yet. The Wagner is $750 cheaper but he said it needs the consumable parts replaced and if I can find it a gun housing cause it's cracked.
Optiflex 1b
Wagner EPG 2008

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Re: run down of the differences EPG 2008 and optiflex 1b?

Post by duke46 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:43 am

Parts can be very high and some hard to find. First you need to find a place that sales the parts.

If not mistaken a lot of the Wagner 2008 were being bought by guys and they were having trouble finding parts for them and also with them working. Some would come with the COLO gun and did not work all that well. As for as the housing then the COLO one may work and may not. You would have to check their site and see what parts they have and what they fit. Some guys do by parts from them because no one has replacement parts. So beware I would say before you buy one of them.

Gema parts are also very expensive. There is one company that might have them. But not sure who they are right now??? That guy buys them and refurbishes them to like new and then sells them on his site and eBay. I will look and see if I have save a link and post back if I can find it.
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pavetim

Post by pavetim » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:46 am

Yeah i have been looking and it is very hard to find parts. Well looks like it's not the housing that's cracked, it's just the back plastic piece that has the hook in it.

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Post by duke46 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:08 am

This one company that has some parts and also has a refurbished Nordson unit at $2500

This may be the other company that I was thinking of?
http://www.firstinfinishing.net/manual-powder-systems" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is a link that list a lot of companies
http://www.powdercoatingonline.com/powd ... equipment/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another parts place
http://azpowder.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by duke46 on Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

teamdooracer
My Location:

Post by teamdooracer » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:45 am

I do have a epg2008 that is not working if your looking for parts. The gun has been gone through with a newer gun cable and tips. Gun is in good shape. The control board went bad on the unit so its now just sitting there.

pavetim

Post by pavetim » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:46 am

what would you want for the gun, and pics? So the gun is pretty much good except for the circuit board?

MatadorMkV
My Location: Pennsylvania

Post by MatadorMkV » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:04 am

Kind of off THIS topic, but I've been trying to keep up with your posts collectively...

Almost hate to suggest this, but have you checked out KCI?

I really don't know much about them other than what I've read...and I read A LOT about them. I also made a few calls about them when I was looking for a pro gun. They LOOK nice, but they're not exactly cheap either...and they SAY they come with a 5 year warranty.

Anyway, I'll probably get flamed for mentioning Korean made equipment, but it seems as though Korea is becoming the new Japan. Once again, just throwing it out there.

...and Duke is right. Parts for pro guns can be VERY, VERY expensive. Some PARTS can be about as much as the total budget you've mentioned in some posts. Hate to see you shoot your wad on a used gun with no warranty, then have to come up with the same amount of money for a repair. Of course, that's the kind of thing that only happens to me...LOL. You'd probably come out smelling like a rose.

pavetim

Post by pavetim » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:10 am

Yeah that's what I'm worried about but that's the risk one takes buying used stuff I guess. Well as long as I can make my money back on this gun before it breaks down i'll be happy, then later buy a new parker or something. Nothing wrong with Korea, they seem to make good stuff. but I only have like 2200 now

MatadorMkV
My Location: Pennsylvania

Post by MatadorMkV » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:11 am

Right...so many ways to approach this.

I know you're very tired of hearing this, but I can't resist...

I could (and often do) make hundreds a day with my EZ50...and my operation is small compared to some guys here. That gun paid for itself in ONE day. I did it kind of backwards. I bought the Parker set up first and used it for two years before purchasing the EZ50. I mainly bought the EZ to have it loaded with primer while having the topcoat in the Parker...or maybe the color in the Parker and have the EZ loaded with a clear.

Now after working with the EZ for about 6 months, I find myself using it for almost everything unless it's a very large run or a powder that really needs to be fluidized...and even in those cases, I could make do with the EZ if I had to.

I guess what I'm saying is...you could always start making money RIGHT NOW with a NEW EZ...and in a short amount of time, have enough cash to purchase a NEW pro gun. Just a thought.

There are just so many other factors involved that are going to cost money and may have a greater impact on your coating results...like something as simple as a clean, dry air supply...quality masking products...a decent IR gun...stable oven...clean environment...booth...etc. I know a great gun seems like the obvious purchase, but it may surprise you how some of the above can make a difference.

I get it though...those things aren't the fun purchases like a new gun would be, but it it's like buying tires for my motorcycles. I'd rather put the money in exhaust, Hyperchargers, and other cool crap....BUT...when they need tires...Well?

pavetim

Post by pavetim » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:25 am

You guys are funny first I was and other guys talk about buying the Chinese guns and everybody says "save up for a nice used pro gun". Now im saying i want to buy a nice pro gun, now people saying to buy a Chinese one lol. Well here are the ones I am going to buy either the opti 1b or Wagner epg 2008. Most likely the gema though. Keep thinking about this Es05 I seen but for that price while it's great, 500 more I can get the gema.