WAGNER EPG-D1

Support & testimonies for Powder365 powder coating guns
the_cacciatore_kid
My Location: Canada

WAGNER EPG-D1

Post by the_cacciatore_kid » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:10 pm

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with a Wagner EPG-D1? I have an opportunity to get a full system for around $1600, but can't seem to find any info on the internet about it at all. I'm new to this, and my shop will be doing small runs of house made parts and occasionally some wheels, etc. No large production runs. Is this too much system for me?

stummel78
My Location: Germany

Re: WAGNER EPG-D1

Post by stummel78 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:19 am

I wouldn't prefer a Ssystem with a fluidisation hopper....it's a pain to clean it for every color change. If you work all day with the same Color...ok...

I would search a system with vibrating stand and a suction unit directly out of the box...

the_cacciatore_kid
My Location: Canada

Post by the_cacciatore_kid » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:07 am

That makes sense to me. What about a smaller hopper? Something like this https://www.kijiji.ca/v-tool-other/calg ... ?undefined

I haven't really found any box feed systems in my budget.

Jay V
My Location:

Post by Jay V » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:02 pm

That's a nice system and a good price, but I agree on the big hopper - a big pain for all but a high production operation.

Hoppers in general are a pain if you are switching colors constantly. Box Feed is way more convenient and sprays almost as well.

What size and type of parts will you be coating? How big is your oven and booth?