wx-958 Help

Support & testimonies for Powder365 powder coating guns
airjam21
My Location: Phoenix

wx-958 Help

Post by airjam21 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:07 pm

I own a business that requires me to powder coat and started off with the EZ-50 gun. I grew tired of constantly having to change the canister to I bought a wx-958.

https://www.amazon.com/Mophorn-Coating- ... 484&sr=8-1.

I'm quite frankly lost on how to properly set it up and adjust the settings. The manual is thin and worthless. I'm hoping to connect with somebody and speak over the phone and also pick their brain about powder coating in general -- happy to pay for your time.

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Re: wx-958 Help

Post by duke46 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:16 am

The unit you bought is just like the Gema 1 unit that was made in the 90's and even their manual does not tell you how to set them up and I think that is true for all units. You have to learn by the seat of your pants they say.
I bought my old unit from one of the guys on here but the guy that helped me the most to get it up and going was one of our guys in Canada.

I can help you with the adjustment but it would be a lot easier if you had your all hooked up and ready even without powder in it and then we talk on the phone and then I could look at my setting and then you set yours the same way and after that you can adjust it to suit yourself.

As long as you have all the lines connected up right then you should be good to go after we talk. I just looked to see if I had the instructions that the guy gave me but could not find anything :( You can download the Gema PPG one unit from the Gema site but I am having no luck finding the link I need??

I can't use my Cell in my shop and I only use my business line and I do not make long distance calls on it so you will have to call me on your dime but remember you are a few hours behind me because I live on the east coast and you are in AZ.

Message back what times you would be ready to set your unit up and then I will let you know if I can do it. I could call you on my cell and then let you know I am going to my shop and you can call me back.

I will be coating some parts today maybe around 1 or so after I get back from town. I want be able to help you while I am coating but can after I put the parts in my oven.

Got to go for now so I will catch you latter and I will be watching this post waiting on a reply but only when I am in the house.
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

airjam21
My Location: Phoenix

Post by airjam21 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:58 pm

Thank you so much for the offer! I sent you a message via your website with my contact info (couldn't find out how to PM you on here).

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Post by duke46 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:41 am

airjam21 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:58 pm
Thank you so much for the offer! I sent you a message via your website with my contact info (couldn't find out how to PM you on here).
I have not received one for whatever reason? I will PM you and you can answer back. You have to have X number of post before you can PM someone and I don't remember how many that is?
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;