Booth Exhaust and Powder Concentration

Support & testimonies for Powder365 powder coating guns
kmick
My Location: nyc

Booth Exhaust and Powder Concentration

Post by kmick » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:36 pm

How to you find the gun delivery rate of powder to show power concentration is less than 50 % of the minimum explosive concentration
the fire department asked this question on existing manual electrostatic powder booth
I have the msds information for powder .isn't the power drlivery variable

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Re: Booth Exhaust and Powder Concentration

Post by duke46 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:14 am

Powder is not explosive like liquid paint and the chemicals used with it.

Looks like you have a lot to learn about powder and for sure they do not know a damn thing about it.

Put some powder in a small metal container and try to light it with a match and then show that to them and just maybe they will understand?

Good luck
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RideIndustries
My Location: Canada

Post by RideIndustries » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:37 pm

duke46 wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:14 am
Powder is not explosive like liquid paint and the chemicals used with it.

Looks like you have a lot to learn about powder and for sure they do not know a damn thing about it.

Put some powder in a small metal container and try to light it with a match and then show that to them and just maybe they will understand?

Good luck
Duke , try lighting some carrots in a metal container, then take that to OSHA and tell them they're wrong about Combustible Dust, since you did your own experiment.

Sounds like you have a lot to learn and for sure don't know a damn thing about combustible dust.

https://www.osha.gov/Publications/combu ... poster.pdf

Miller821
My Location: Carbondale, IL

Post by Miller821 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:02 pm

Speaking from personal experience:

I have a booth, albeit not the best, but it works pretty well... I was given a not so great condition Dual Voltage Eastwood gun, and one of my first times using it and trying to learn how it works without a manual I had a dust explosion. The combination of too much powder and too close to the part which caused the spark from the tip to the grounded part caused it to light up real quick.

So, although unlikely, given the right conditions a dust explosion could absolutely start a fire.

As to your original question though, I'm not sure where you would obtain that information.