Removing powder dust, newb

News from Powder 365, New products, Specials
burn504
My Location:

Re: Re: Removing powder dust, newb

Post by burn504 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:56 am

snowman wrote:Yep, lesson learned about the powder, used lacquer thinner and it took it off just fine, washed it reall good after then buffed and polished it, then waxed it.

From now on I'm gonna move the car out and have a makeshift booth. I have used thinner before to remove Berliner too. It small quantities of overspray. I guess I was lucky it was only a few ody panels, over wise it may have come out worse.

Thanks for the help guys
Glad I could help.

Say that again so duke can understand.... Lol... Lacquer thinner takes off uncured powder on painted surfaces. Lacquer thinner is not like mek or acetone. Just a bit stronger than Denatured alcohol

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

xtrememeasures10
My Location:

Post by xtrememeasures10 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:39 am

Maybe on an older paint job but hell if you try that on something that's been painted in the past 6 months you may have a problem on your hands.

My buddy's give me shit for putting a car cover over my truck in my garage. This is why I do it. Or just get it out of there when spraying. You want to work on a booth setup that filters well and ejects the output outside. Before I ejected powder outside I had it going in a water bucket. Worked ok but when spraying for a while you would notice powder everywhere in the garage. Now I can spray for hours and there isn't a bit of powder floating around.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3