turbo coating

News from Powder 365, New products, Specials
Post Reply
aussie marion

turbo coating

Post by aussie marion » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:20 am

Hi everyone is the a powder coat that i can use for turbos etc car or jetski
if there is, can you supply a link :)

User avatar
nixlux
Posts: 1011
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:53 am
My Location:
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: turbo coating

Post by nixlux » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 am

Hi Marion. For turbos I'd be using ceramic coating only. Powder won't handle the temps on the exhaust housing but will be ok for the compressor side though
Temporary non coater

aussie marion

Re: turbo coating

Post by aussie marion » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:52 am

Thanx i figured as much

JillNatalie

Re: turbo coating

Post by JillNatalie » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:55 am

aussie marion wrote:Thanx i figured as much
Can you share some pics of it for me???

Crazyivan
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:38 am
My Location:
Location: KISSIMMEE, FL
Contact:

Re: turbo coating

Post by Crazyivan » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:25 am

Here's a couple I did the cold side

Image

Image
POWDER-COATED.COM

T1CC
Posts: 2989
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:27 pm
My Location:

turbo coating

Post by T1CC » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:37 am

Powders fine on the cold side. Ceramic only on hot side.

Shasha

Re: turbo coating

Post by Shasha » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:10 pm

The Ceramic powder coatingcan be done. The coating's main purpose is to keep heat in the turbine side of the turbo, heat provides up to 75% of the energy required to spool the turbo, the remaining 25% comes from gas velocity. An added bonus to these coatings is reduced under hood temps. So in short, the coating of the hotside is mainly for spooling the turbo, I say go for it, it definitely work.

Post Reply