Welcome to Powder 365
adi
My Location: 29356

Post by adi » Thu May 17, 2018 3:46 pm

I am new to this forum and looking for advice. I have been in the printing business for 15 years and the hydrographics business for 2 years. Most of my clients have been begging for powder coating, so I attended training at PBTP. I resisted their sales pressure to buy their equipment. I would rather ask the professionals on this site what they recommend. I have a 3x3x6 oven, compressor, ground, etc. Since I already do hydro I am looking at finishing my metal offerings with a low temp powder clear. There are a lot of faraday cage areas on some of the wheels that I dip. So with a budget of around $1500 what do you guys recommend?

WiseAssYT
My Location: Leaps ahead of you

Re: New Member

Post by WiseAssYT » Thu May 17, 2018 6:13 pm

I would recommend you save another 10 grand. 1500 isn’t shit if your serious. An oven and compressor are only a small portion .

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Post by duke46 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:21 am

There is a lot more to coating than most guys know about and also what is needed to get set up. Besides a good gun you also need a spray booth to exhaust the excess powder so that is another expense but is one you can make.

If your business in in the country and you are not under any restrictions then you are good to go but if you are in a town you might run into trouble because most inspectors think of powder coating as a liquid type paint and then they want you to have stuff that a coater does not need so you need to check on that for sure.

There are lower temperature clears and guys use them for what you are waning to use it for but I do not know who has it because I have had no need for it yet.

There are a lot of coating units made and along with PBTP units there are ones that are sold by Columbia Coatings. A lot of coaters use them and do some great looking work and they do a lot of items that have a lot of Faraday places. I guess they have over time learned how to work around it? If I know a wheel is going to give me a problem then I will lay it down on my metal topped bar stool that I can ground and that way I let gravity help me and then I hang it up and finish the shoot. I do have a pro Gema unit but it is very old so it is not what I would call a Faraday shooting one but now they make units in the $8000 range that are supposed to take care of that once you learn how to dial them in.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you do well if you do decide to start coating. Keep one thing in mind and that is if and when you mess up then powder is super hard to remove and you need a good blasting set up or a chemical stripper to remove it.
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

adi

Post by adi » Fri May 18, 2018 10:19 am

I own my own building on main street USA, I'm no newbie when it comes to regulations, so let's just cut the condescending crap out right now. I asked for advice and you hit me right out of the door because as your member id says your are an ass. I can spend 10k on a gun no problem, but only a fool jumps in with that investment with out testing the market. That's why I asked about a decent lower priced gun. I have big bucks in my printing equipment and am prepared to ramp up when needed. This is without a doubt the most unfriendly forum I have ever joined. I thought you guys were professionals, but you sure as hell don't act like professionals!!!!

WiseAssYT

Post by WiseAssYT » Fri May 18, 2018 4:26 pm

adi wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:19 am
I own my own building on main street USA, I'm no newbie when it comes to regulations, so let's just cut the condescending crap out right now. I asked for advice and you hit me right out of the door because as your member id says your are an ass. I can spend 10k on a gun no problem, but only a fool jumps in with that investment with out testing the market. That's why I asked about a decent lower priced gun. I have big bucks in my printing equipment and am prepared to ramp up when needed. This is without a doubt the most unfriendly forum I have ever joined. I thought you guys were professionals, but you sure as hell don't act like professionals!!!!
Lol who said 10 grand on just a gun ?

You took a class at where ever and that’s just as good as staying 1 night at a holiday inn , so like you said your all set,and just need US to give you all the answers. This subject has been gone over way to many times to keep going over it.
It’s a dead beaten horse !

Do you have specific questions ? Other than how cheap can you go ?there is No quality powder coating gun that exists for 1500.

Let’s get back to you being offended,Was someone mean to you or called you unkind names ? Is there something missing that you can support that claim ? Are you a democrat ? Gotta be.

No professional is giving out information with out something in return,so buck up or off , it’s up to you.

adi

Post by adi » Fri May 18, 2018 5:05 pm

All I asked was a simple question but it seems that was too much of a stretch for your feeble mind. What is wrong with you? I am a combat vet and an NRA supporter. To even suggest that someone is a Democrat with out knowing anything about them makes you a piece of crap. I have two Honorable Discharges, how many do you have? I've served in three continents so man up and quit being a jerk. If you don't want to discuss it don't post, simple. I'm willing to bet that when you first got into powder you didn't start out with a 10K gun, so why do you assume that I need to do the same, you are one serious loon.......

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Post by duke46 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:29 pm

Well Wiseass I would guess we will both be out as for as any more question and he will be on his own. Even the area of SC he lives in to me looks like it can't even support what he does but guess he does well?

You made your post and then I made mine trying to help and we did that. So now what does he do? This is the really on best forum left and all the others are like gone. He would have to go to the Facebook groups and might not have any better luck. And I am not saying the one I stay on all the time.

Best of luck Adi because I am out of here sorry to say. :cry:
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WiseAssYT

Post by WiseAssYT » Fri May 18, 2018 8:38 pm

adi wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 5:05 pm
All I asked was a simple question but it seems that was too much of a stretch for your feeble mind. What is wrong with you? I am a combat vet and an NRA supporter. To even suggest that someone is a Democrat with out knowing anything about them makes you a piece of crap. I have two Honorable Discharges, how many do you have? I've served in three continents so man up and quit being a jerk. If you don't want to discuss it don't post, simple. I'm willing to bet that when you first got into powder you didn't start out with a 10K gun, so why do you assume that I need to do the same, you are one serious loon.......
Lol

I did start with a high end gun, I don’t fuck around.

The rest of your babble just sounds like your begging for someone to come into this discussion to stand up for you because of what you VOLUNTEERED to do for this country, lol

So we’re clear ,EVERYTHING THE GOVERNMENT HAS , IS STOLEN!!

Our country’s drug problems were created by our military’s ,from the opium to the cocainne , I’m all for civilians owning machine guns and our rights to protect property,but our military and how it is used around the world is a joke and those that join our nations armed forces just perpetuate the issues out of simple minded ignorance.
maybe you are a war hero,but your not mine lol.

I don’t need anyone to protect me from someone or some group on another continent! Anyone who thinks they do or thinks they have to is also a moron.

I’d have more respect for you ,if you said you were in the Red Cross or green peace lol, at least then I’d think you were sorta informed..

Best wishes.

adi

Post by adi » Mon May 21, 2018 5:57 pm

@Duke You want to be pissed off at me that's fine. For the record I don't live in SC, so much for the guessing. My business does just fine, I pull work in from all over, even Los Angeles. So adding powder isn't going to make me or break me. Don't kid yourself, there are plenty of other blogs out there, you're not the ONLY one.

@Wiseass You take your freedom for granted. It was paid for by the blood of Americans who had the guts and the courage to fight. I can promise you that not one single one of them (me included) wanted to go to war, but we did. I don't give a rats ass about what you think, I love America and I'll bleed for it if needed. Try and see how long we would have a country without a military. The US isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it is a hell of a lot better than anything else. You don't see people swimming across the Rio Grande to get the hell out, NO, they want to get in!!! They are literally dying to get in. I was born in El Salvador and grew up in Central America and I've seen things that you couldn't/wouldn't even believe that another human could do; you have no F#%king idea how good you have it and it's all thanks to our military, MORON!!!!!

You really have no clue what set this whole argument in motion do you? It was the fact that I asked a simple, simple, simple, question that you did not want to answer without being a wiseass! I've poured over this site and I know what gun I'm getting and no it's not a 10K gun but neither is it a $1500 gun. I just wanted to see where this conversation would go and guess what, it went right down the drain into the sewer all because of a wiseass.......

WiseAssYT

Post by WiseAssYT » Tue May 22, 2018 10:57 am

Moron hahahahaha,Yup another uninformed Democrat immigrant. Not wanting to fight but signed up anyways ??? What did you think would happen signing up hahahahaha ? Just thought you’d sign up and get some free shit ??And I’m the moron?

Forcing democracy, Catholicism ,Christianity, guarding poppy fields and hauling heroine is what our military does and has ever since Vietnam !

Im glad you bring up my freedom,as I am born in America...the military I can thank has nothing to do with the military YOU served in !your about 70 years to late to jump on that congratulatory boat.
the few world war vets that are still alive have nothing but my highest admiration

BUT
These new immigrants including YOU, aren’t your Ellis island immigrants, that came to America wanting to work and prosper. They are Swimming over and whatever else it takes for all the free shit uncle Obama offered them DACA clowns.

Can’t think of a fucking thing anyone has done in the Middle East that has effected my freedom in a positive way... not sure what your boasting about! My gas has been double or more ever since Kuwait in 1991 lol

As a country if we didn’t have a military our militias would,and will step in,like they did 250 years ago. To protect their rights and property from within our countries borders, when the fight came to us. And I’m perfectly fine if we had to do that again! Wasn’t American history part of becoming a citizen ? Do you know why the US military was even formed ?

As far as what I’ve seen lol I grew up in NY with some of the nations dumbest,most violent freeloaders who kill over sneakers, I’ve seen quite enough !

Also I’m glad you did some research and through that could make an informed decision about your powder coating application equipment.

Go hug Obama and thank him for all the free shit immigrants get on tax payers hard work.