Wagner EPG 2007 dumps power ?

Welcome to Powder 365
allin42020
My Location: Florida

Wagner EPG 2007 dumps power ?

Post by allin42020 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:41 pm

I've looked for a source of the issue we are having. Have yet to locate the source of this issue. We have our system spaying the desired amount of powder, fan, etc. When the trigger is released and then pressed agin, a huge amount of powder dumps out the nozzle until it clears. Is this just the nature of the beast so to speak? We can work around the issue by pointing the gun away and allowing the excess powder to clear away. This does not happen 100% of the time. Seems erratic at best. We've cleaned, inspected o-rings, wear items and adjusted settings. With the dosage air lower it doesn't happen, but the powder delivery isn't what we'd like to have.
Has anyone else had this issue and corrected it?

Thanks for taking a look. Hope to contribute with our experience and knowledge here as well.

Jay V
My Location:

Re: Wagner EPG 2007 dumps power ?

Post by Jay V » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:12 pm

allin42020 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:41 pm
I've looked for a source of the issue we are having. Have yet to locate the source of this issue. We have our system spaying the desired amount of powder, fan, etc. When the trigger is released and then pressed agin, a huge amount of powder dumps out the nozzle until it clears. Is this just the nature of the beast so to speak? We can work around the issue by pointing the gun away and allowing the excess powder to clear away. This does not happen 100% of the time. Seems erratic at best. We've cleaned, inspected o-rings, wear items and adjusted settings. With the dosage air lower it doesn't happen, but the powder delivery isn't what we'd like to have.
Has anyone else had this issue and corrected it?

Thanks for taking a look. Hope to contribute with our experience and knowledge here as well.
Not uncommon at all. Some powders are worse than others.

The powder flowing through the hose all of a sudden stops, and drops to the bottom of the hose. As soon as flow starts again it moves out.