Another noob question

Welcome to Powder 365
That Guy
My Location: 29532

Another noob question

Post by That Guy » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:07 pm

So, I have been doing automotive restoration and restomod stuff for years. I have always sent out my parts to get power coated. This being said, I am wanting to get a booth, oven and gun set up...

I have been eyeballing this equipment. I would like recommendations and thoughts pertaining to them.

https://www.columbiacoatings.com/KK342232

https://www.columbiacoatings.com/KK20DPW.aspx

I think those items will suit my needs and is within my budget.

If there is something else that is recommended please let me know. I want to purchase asap.

Jay V
My Location:

Re: Another noob question

Post by Jay V » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:27 pm

As long as your parts aren't very big it may be fine, but it's pretty small.

I'd want to know if the over was convection or not.

What type of parts do you want to coat? Keep in mind if you are trying to make money you will want to do numerous parts at the same time and not one at a time.

That Guy
My Location: 29532

Post by That Guy » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:01 pm

I presume convection is the way to go?

I appreciate your feedback. My budget does not allow for much more that that price range currently.

can you recommend booth/oven?

Jay V
My Location:

Post by Jay V » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:46 am

That Guy wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:01 pm
I presume convection is the way to go?

I appreciate your feedback. My budget does not allow for much more that that price range currently.

can you recommend booth/oven?
Convection is definitely the best.

I have a couple ovens. The large one is a JPW Designs industrial convection, but I also have a smaller Blodgett commercial convection oven as well. Bought it used off of CL many years ago. A good used commercial restaurant oven is fine, and there are usually plenty available.

I have a 8 x 8 x 8 booth by Standard Manufacturing IIRC.

You have to decide just how big of parts you want to do, and go from there. I do smaller stuff mostly, up to quad frames and auto crossmembers and some bumpers, but nothing over that. It gets real expensive and complicated quickly if you try to do parts like auto frames and things that size.

No thanks...