new PC hobbiest

Welcome to Powder 365
redneckgearhead
My Location: Sauk Centre MN

new PC hobbiest

Post by redneckgearhead » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:10 pm

Hey folks, my PC research has lead me to this forum. I'm going to be ordering an eastwood dual voltage kit unless something changes. I'm rebuilding my first car, a 1968 mustang that I want to be able to drive and PC'ing the parts seems the best way to make them durable enough to do this. I have the dry air, blast cab, and am picking up an older electric oven later this week, a 20$ facebook score. I have watched countless videos on the process and am currently combing through this forum for tips and advice. Just wanted to introduce myself to the community and hopeful to learn from your vast experiences. Thanks in advace, Scott

valeeraa
My Location: Winnipeg

Re: new PC hobbiest

Post by valeeraa » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:36 pm

Welcome to the forums man! I have 2 EW guns that I would sell to you if you want one? I have one that I've used maybe like 10x. That one for some reason, the dual voltage switch is stuck/sticky.. So I called EW and they sent me a brand new one which I've never used because I ordered the CC HS 2.0 shortly after. I think I did do a quick little DIY on the air input to circulate the air a bit more on both guns. :)

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Re: new PC hobbiest

Post by duke46 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:03 pm

Best of luck to you and just make sure you cure you parts correctly and to do that you do ne and IR gun to take readings and once the part gets temp (like 400) then you cure for like 10 min with oven on.

But remember if by chance and you will most likely that once powder it fully curried then it is very had to blast off and that is why most coaters use a chemical stripper. Even some of the parts on your mustang will not blast off very well at all and they are not even powder coated.

So just get ready for any thing and hope you do well :)
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;