Stripper

All topics related to stripping techniques
aman072
My Location: GHAZIABAD,INDIA

Re: Stripper

Post by aman072 » Sun May 03, 2020 7:58 am

i am not sure about b17 stripper. but i have seen youtube video. its performace was good. i m giving you the link . you can follow .
"www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2EJX4wZ7yc"

C&M Coatings
My Location: 28311

Post by C&M Coatings » Tue May 05, 2020 7:07 pm

I looked at B17 and I've heard great things about it. It's very pricey and the shipping only adds to the cost. I found a product called Rim Strip from Powderstrip.com. It's a bit cheaper than B17 but the price we were quoted included shipping. Like B17 it's pretty nasty stuff and skin doesn't react very well if it comes in contact with it. Neither Benco (B17) nor Powderstrip.com (Rim Strip) will ship their products to a residential address. If your interested give Matt a call at Powderstrip.com. They also have less dangerous strippers for sale.

hjeades
My Location: Pekin, IL

Post by hjeades » Wed May 06, 2020 9:18 am

If you're going to use a stripper look at how many times it can be used before it stops working. Unfortunately some of the not nasty strippers dont keep its strength long. The more you use stripper the longer you will want it to work efficently for you. Stripping does make parts that are previously powder coated a lot easier to media blast. You will need to learn what metal types you can leave in the stripper for what maximum amount of time as well.

Couple other things to think about and is a important one is having a safe place to put it to where not just any body especially kids can get near it or anything used with, for, or in it. Strippers are real dangerous and should be used with respect. You dont think so out a droplet of B-17 on your skin some where then afterwards imagine what would happen to a kid if they got into some of it.

Next is kinda along the same lines with where to put it. Its best to have a second dunk tank mixed with baking soda to the proper ph level and will need maintain to stay there. This is used to kill the stripper before rinsing the parts off. Most all strippers are real fumy so a well ventilated area with a exhaust fan that runs constant is recommended and have a fresh air intake for the room. The stronger the stripper the stronger the fumes. The fumes will be strong enough to cause corrosion on metals in the same area. It can mix with your sweat and cause skin iritation so where proper clothing.

Hope this helps with some of your questions. Stripper is a good useful tool just learn about what you are going to use completely and then be safe and smart when using it.
Harley
Happiness is crusing in your street machine with a big breasted woman and a cold beer!
Definition of a Street Machine: A high horse power vehicle able to burn tires in high gear, & capable of evading high speed pursuit.
Restoration is not just a way of life, it's a way to bring new life. Save a car build a hot rod!
http://www.likenewparts.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;