What Do I Do !!!!!!!!!!!!!! REVISED

The things that help make your coating life a little easier.
ZFowler12345
My Location: Lousiville

Post by ZFowler12345 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:55 pm

What did I do wrong? First attempt at doing a wheel.... They are terrible in my opinion.

Valve stems are metal (rubber pieces removed) should have taken them out but didn't since the wheels are getting new ones and I didn't want to build up to much powder and have a potential leak.

Outgassed the wheel @450 (part temp) for about 35 mins until they stopped smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WiseAssYT
My Location: Leaps ahead of you

Re: What Do I Do !!!!!!!!!!!!!! REVISED

Post by WiseAssYT » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:03 am

What powder is it ? Tight orange peel means to little powder , the crap on/in the coating could be anything .

A few thousandths of an inch should not effect the seal of a tire or valve stem or people wouldn't even bother coating rims, so dont have ass things had they come out perfect the finish would be ruined anyways when you took that old valve stem out , completely strip means also completely disassemble, gunk gets caught in the seems and will always find a way to ruin a finish.

ZFowler12345
My Location: Lousiville

Post by ZFowler12345 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:39 am

Ok I'll make sure to disassemble 100% on the other ones. The powder is Eastwood mirror black.

If I had of disassembled it all the way and had the tight orange peel could I just heat back up then coat with more powder or is it something that can't be fixed and would need a 100% re strip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WiseAssYT
My Location: Leaps ahead of you

Re: What Do I Do !!!!!!!!!!!!!! REVISED

Post by WiseAssYT » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:22 am

Knock the gloss down and recoat .not everything needs to be stripped because there was a mistake