Stripper Tank

The things that help make your coating life a little easier.
Ferrin
My Location:

Stripper Tank

Post by Ferrin » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Here is a low cost large tank for B17. Tomorrow i will finish a locking lid for this and will finish an identical rinse tank. These are about 160 gallons each.
Last edited by Ferrin on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ferrin Long
Rafter 5L
Cumby, Texas

tedsfab
My Location:

Re: Stripper Tank

Post by tedsfab » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:15 pm

well done .... i like it .... but the foot in the last pic with the hardware ... that looks ummm ... painfull .... hope they are recovering well .....
Teds fabrication inc.

Ferrin
My Location:

Post by Ferrin » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:25 pm

Thats from a car accident 1year ago still 3 to 6 months till back to some sort of normal.
Ferrin Long
Rafter 5L
Cumby, Texas

fang
My Location:

Post by fang » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:39 am

I have a tank like that, I made it into a rinse tank, but I'm not sure these tanks will hold up to B17 :?
Last edited by fang on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's all fun till the cops show up
http://pro-tec-powdercoating.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EPC
My Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by EPC » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:56 am

Most if not all, are #2 plastic, they are designed to hold some pretty hars stuff.
I was considering this route a while back, but had no ideas for a decent sealing method.
This idea puts that idea back on the table will take up a large foot print but would
Be worth it. Your strip set up outside or going to housed and fumes exhausted outside?

Good idea, good job.

Liftedpowerstroke
My Location:

Post by Liftedpowerstroke » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:42 am

This tank should hold up to B17, I recently visited a powder coating shop ad this is what they use for B17 tanks, They cut the top off the tote and keep about 1'-1.5' of B-17 in it. This was my first experience with B17 in action.....WOW... I can' justify buying 30 gallons and 5 gallons isn't economical ($150/5 gallons which includes the Hazmat Shipping) I was able to buy a 5 gallong jug of B15 (paste) and man its amazing also... I dont need a big quanity of it to make it work....
Any ways back to the Tank... This tank should be a HDPE Plastic Tank... There shold be a stamp on the bottom if your curious.
Ferrin the Tanks looks Awesome.
Derrick

fang
My Location:

Post by fang » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:05 pm

I hope they will hold up, I couldn't find any stamp on mine (I didn't look on the bottom) I have access to more of these tanks..I'm going to tip 1 over and look for a stamp :)
It's all fun till the cops show up
http://pro-tec-powdercoating.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EPC
My Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by EPC » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:58 pm

Or bring some b17 with you to test it.
Also verify what,they were used for originally. That could give you and idea of what
It can handle.

Ferrin
My Location:

Post by Ferrin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:31 pm

Look new tanks like this up on line and they are made from what Bennie says to use for a tank. Here are both tanks finished.

Both of these tops are made to use on another tank if it comes to that.
Last edited by Ferrin on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ferrin Long
Rafter 5L
Cumby, Texas

SCOTTRODS
My Location:

Post by SCOTTRODS » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:10 pm

ALL of the white plastic "tanks" like Ferrin's, are HDPE. High Density PolyEthylene. I've looked them over pretty well a time or two myself, found and acquired them fairly cheap as well..... Generally speaking, They're good for just about anything. I have a Friend who uses them for a bunch of "Fish Pods" that has an ecosystem in each pair of them (One on top of the other)... he grows fish in the bottom, and Plants in the top, and they sustain themselves, and more. He grows Peppers from Seed to Fruit, in about a week or so, depending on what LED lighting he uses...... Certain lights seem to grow Food faster than others. Frequency of the light is very important..... The fish grow faster when the food grows faster..... Solar Powered water pumps, moving the water from the fishes, up to the garden on top..... drains through the gravel and the plants grow in the gravel.... Evidently the fish fertilize the water, and the water fertilizes the plants pretty nicely. Not sure how the fish stay alive, but it has something to do with the plants and the cover that grows algae in the lower tank too.... He's spent a lot of time perfecting this stuff....

Anyway.... none of that is important, but kinda neat. Plastic Tanks are good to go. The only issue I can see is the drain plug needs to be something STEEL. PVC is typical, but I think B17 Softens it, so I recommend a Steel Valve or Plug in the bottom.

See photos of my work at
http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg6/terrellster/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001788886297" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EMAIL scott@scottrodspc.com