Dishwasher/Parts Washer!!!!

The things that help make your coating life a little easier.
duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Re: Dishwasher/Parts Washer!!!!

Post by duke46 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:19 pm

suncoastpowersports wrote:sounds like a plan to me. now just how to figure out how to phosphate with it.

wonder if you could run it in a 'closed loop' type system. have a holding tank of ip that runs into the washer, and instead of the return dumping into the drain/sewer, it dumps the excess back into the holding tank :?: :?: :?:
OK stop asking questions and get your powder coaters brain cap on and then HELL go for it :)

Now have I got to tell you how to fig it out????

Yep my brain has been there and what is bad is when I should be sleeping :(

I. They do have a built in pump so that is a +

2. You will need something that will create pressure for the input I guess? We know or I do that a dishwasher sprays as its washing so that tells me it is picking up the water inside and reusing it and then it drains and then the rinse cycle brings in fresh water.

3.The closed loop is also what I was thinking about but that could depend on how dirty the water/cleaner got trying to do its job? I would think that it would need some sort of filter set up to help clean?

4. If you wanted to phosphate it in the rinse cycle you would need a valve so you could switch over after the wash cycle.

5. Now what I would use it for would be to just super clean stuff and the dry it and then blast and prep and coat. ME NO DO THE phosphate STUFF along with a lot of others.

6. GO FOR IT DUDE its your Dime so do as you need it to be done and that's where all the FUN is and then making it WORK :D
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Noob2PC
My Location:

Post by Noob2PC » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:42 pm

I did some stuff for a friend in Orlando. I knew what car the parts came off of and when he brought them to me clean as new i wonder WTF? I asked him if he took them to a shop and had them clean cause he was one of those friends that never lifts a finger to do anything on his car, he just signed checks. He said no I ran them threw the dishwasher! I went OMG, laughed and shot them and got paid. I saw him a week later with dirty parts as normal and he did not say anything till I asked. He put them in the dishwasher but forgot to turn it on and run it, wife came home opened it up and saw them, well you can guess the rest :D I got paid 2x to clean all his parts from that point forward and his wife got a new dishwasher for some reason.

I will be having one when I get my shop built in the back over the winter along with a bathroom of sorts. Utility sink and a Urinal counts as a bathroom right!
Is It a bad thing to think "I bet that would look good in Powder" when you see anything made of metal?
Interest becomes Hobby, Hobby becomes Addiction, Addition become Obsession, Obsession become Reality, so the Interest has become Reality!

Harleydad
My Location:

Post by Harleydad » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:52 pm

suncoastpowersports wrote: wonder if you could run it in a 'closed loop' type system. have a holding tank of ip that runs into the washer, and instead of the return dumping into the drain/sewer, it dumps the excess back into the holding tank :?: :?: :?:
Thats pretty how the manual spray wand pre-treatment systems work. IP is heated in the tank and it does need to filtered before returning to the tank.
I love my country, but fear my Government

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations - James Madison

duke46

Post by duke46 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:46 pm

Well all tested fine on my $20 washer but the cold water just kills the heater when I set it for super heat wash cycle :( Yep my clip on TC work there also and I watch the temp go to 180 and then the water started and it went down below the 90's.

I want hot and hot it is going to be and now to find the best price on what hot I need? So I am going with something that has at least 6 gal and elect and fast recovery. A dishwasher does not use that much water as I saw when it went through some of its cycles and then this one has a water saver also. Whatever that really means I don't know?

So what ever you do just be ready to connect to a hot water source and if you do it in your garage and heater should be close by then you are in luck but I am 200' away so no luck.

To Craigslist I go to see what I can find! And also talk my son into pulling out the washing machine I don't need and used only one time and slide in the PARTS WASHER :D

This dag thing says quiet and that it is! Have to almost put my ear on the unit to hear what it is doing :D Yep like I need quiet in my shop Hell make some noise and just clean it :lol:

gongchuan
My Location:

Post by gongchuan » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:06 am

If you can find one of these for a good price they work very well and take up little space and power.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/app/1911180402.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

duke46

Post by duke46 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:08 am

gongchuan wrote:If you can find one of these for a good price they work very well and take up little space and power.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/app/1911180402.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have a small one but not big enough to do the job. Its one for a small bar sink it might be a gal? But I am waiting on a reply back from craigslist poster close by that has a 6+ one they used for 3 months for $125.

I have found out that some washers have a heat booster built in them and from what I read might be like the small instant heat units? Reading on the other forum that I posted some came for cold water hook up. If a guy could find one of them he would be in business but unless the tag was left on it or the person you buy it from knows then you wouldn't know unless you could see it under the unit if that is the way they work?

If any of you just happen to run up on a CMA Dishmachines and you can afford it then it should be the best out there but they sell above the $3000 mark so even a used one would be priced hi I bet.

Payrion
My Location:

Post by Payrion » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:02 am

not long ago i had a chance to take the old dishwash line from a local Outback Steak house, i thought it would be great for this ... but it was all 3 phase, and there are several pumps that would have needed to be changed to 1 phase... plus i didnt have anywhere to store it. but that would be great to have as a parts washer...

crash32301
My Location: boise

Post by crash32301 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:00 pm

most of the chemicals will eat it up most dish washers have a small pump in them and that is what would fail
Mark
Boise Idaho