How about a John Deer pressure washer

The things that help make your coating life a little easier.
bikerdad46
My Location:

How about a John Deer pressure washer

Post by bikerdad46 » Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 am

I may have thown away $60.00. I bought a 4000psi electric John Deere pressure washer off of ebay for $60.00 shipped. While browsing ebay I also run across a sandblasting kit to go on a pressure washer, has anybody tried one of them ?
Ray C
Last edited by bikerdad46 on Mon May 16, 2011 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bikerdad46

wesleydax
My Location:

Re: How about a John Deer pressure washer

Post by wesleydax » Sun May 15, 2011 12:18 pm

sounds like a good deal if it works. never tried sandblasting with pressure washer. we do use water induction nozzles on our blast hose every now and then. zero dust. works great on aluminum panels where warping is possible.
carry a gun cause a cops to heavy

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Post by duke46 » Sun May 15, 2011 6:01 pm

bikerdad46 wrote:I may have thown away $60.00. I bought a 4000psi electric John Deer pressure washer off of ebay for $60.00 shipped. While browsing ebay I also run across a sandblasting kit to go on a pressure washer, has anybody tried one of them ?
Ray C

Northern sells them and some guys have used them. They do work great but be ready for flash rust and quick the guy told me at Northern. You need something real quick to dry the part off.

They will not work with a cheap washer like you bought. They only work with a real one. It has to go in line at the end of the line for it to be able to work.

I have one but never used it because my sons pressure washer was not working correct and now that it is I may have to let him ( you see I said him) try it out :D
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bikerdad46
My Location:

Post by bikerdad46 » Mon May 16, 2011 6:05 am

duke46 wrote:
bikerdad46 wrote:I may have thown away $60.00. I bought a 4000psi electric John Deer pressure washer off of ebay for $60.00 shipped. While browsing ebay I also run across a sandblasting kit to go on a pressure washer, has anybody tried one of them ?
Ray C

Northern sells them and some guys have used them. They do work great but be ready for flash rust and quick the guy told me at Northern. You need something real quick to dry the part off.

They will not work with a cheap washer like you bought. They only work with a real one. It has to go in line at the end of the line for it to be able to work.

I have one but never used it because my sons pressure washer was not working correct and now that it is I may have to let him ( you see I said him) try it out :D

Hello Duke
I was just wondering if anybody had any experience with the John Deere pressure washer . I had a Troy built pressure washer a few years ago that was 2800 psi that done a good job till I loaned it out in cold weather and they left it outside (froze and busted the pump). I figured 4000 psi was a fairly strong pressure washer. I bought it to wash parts with, not sandblast. I was just wondering about the wet sandblasting.
bikerdad46
Bikerdad46

SCOTTRODS
My Location:

Post by SCOTTRODS » Mon May 16, 2011 7:41 am

bikerdad46 wrote:Hello Duke
I was just wondering if anybody had any experience with the John Deere pressure washer . I had a Troy built pressure washer a few years ago that was 2800 psi that done a good job till I loaned it out in cold weather and they left it outside (froze and busted the pump). I figured 4000 psi was a fairly strong pressure washer. I bought it to wash parts with, not sandblast. I was just wondering about the wet sandblasting.
bikerdad46
4000 PSI should be OK to use the accessory with. The term "Electric pressure washer" conjures up a cheap ass tiny little 1500 PSI model in most of our heads. I can't blame duke for advising differently on this one,.... but I re-read after your comment about the 4000 PSI.... Should be OK.

See photos of my work at
http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg6/terrellster/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001788886297" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EMAIL scott@scottrodspc.com

bikerdad46
My Location:

Post by bikerdad46 » Mon May 16, 2011 6:44 pm

Hello SCOTTRODS
I'm not planning on getting the attachment anytime soon if at all.
Most car wash sprayers are around 2800 to 3000 PSI and they are all electric.
When I was a young adult (well from 15 till I was 26) I worked in a cleanup shop. We used a couple of electric pressure washers (3000 psi) there that would cut a grove in a finger in a heart beat (don't ask me how I know). Moving some wires while I was washing the engine and my finger got in the way (damn that hurt and burnt).
I'm just planning on using the pressure washer for for cleaning and washing after stripping with my B17
bikerdad46
SCOTTRODS wrote:
bikerdad46 wrote:Hello Duke
bikerdad46
4000 PSI should be OK to use the accessory with. The term "Electric pressure washer" conjures up a cheap ass tiny little 1500 PSI model in most of our heads. I can't blame duke for advising differently on this one,.... but I re-read after your comment about the 4000 PSI.... Should be OK.
Bikerdad46

duke46

Post by duke46 » Tue May 17, 2011 10:38 am

Well what I was going by was the little amount you paid for it and that it was also electric and most of them don't use the right hoses and connectors to work with the wet blaster.

What would be great to use a wet blaster on with out a rusting problem would be aluminum wheels. The only down fall I know about is all the water splash back along with the wet sand coming back at you just like what happens when using either of them.

I had talked a member into getting one on a forum years ago because he needed to blast but didn't want dust flying all over the place along with next door. Well he fussed at me for a week I think and then I kept telling him what to do and then he read the instructions again and BY GOLLY he got it. Then he was happy. He was not doing things in the correct order and the water would head toward the sand and get it wet and stop up the whole thing. The only other downfall of it would be using it in the winter and you might just become a sand and ice statue :lol:

Do you have the eBay link to it if the seller has not removed the picture yet or the model number of it maybe? I would like to see what you got.

bikerdad46
My Location:

Post by bikerdad46 » Wed May 18, 2011 7:40 pm

Hello duke46
Here's the item # 260781606774
It's a John Deere A18 5/8 hp I'm not planning on buying a blasting attachment. I have a decent pressure pot, and I'm in the process of building a cabinet like yours. I just need a little more time to get it built. I'm working nights right now and trying to take care on my wife (cancers back and there's nothing else thay can do at this time).
bikerdad46
duke46 wrote:Well what I was going by was the little amount you paid for it and that it was also electric and most of them don't use the right hoses and connectors to work with the wet blaster.

What would be great to use a wet blaster on with out a rusting problem would be aluminum wheels. The only down fall I know about is all the water splash back along with the wet sand coming back at you just like what happens when using either of them.

I had talked a member into getting one on a forum years ago because he needed to blast but didn't want dust flying all over the place along with next door. Well he fussed at me for a week I think and then I kept telling him what to do and then he read the instructions again and BY GOLLY he got it. Then he was happy. He was not doing things in the correct order and the water would head toward the sand and get it wet and stop up the whole thing. The only other downfall of it would be using it in the winter and you might just become a sand and ice statue :lol:

Do you have the eBay link to it if the seller has not removed the picture yet or the model number of it maybe? I would like to see what you got.
Bikerdad46

duke46

Post by duke46 » Wed May 18, 2011 9:19 pm

So you must be this GUY a***k( 131

Nope as I figured it would not work with this type unit. Only made for real ones :lol:

Thanks for the info even though a link would have been easier and would not had to sign in and then post the item #. Gee all the extra steps I had to go through.

I go watch TV now and take a break now :lol:

bikerdad46
My Location:

Post by bikerdad46 » Sat May 21, 2011 7:24 am

Hello duke46
I don't know what you mean by your first statement. :lol:
I do not know this seller!!!!! :roll: :roll: :arrow:
I was just asking if anybody had any dealings with the John Deere 4000 psi pressure washer. Weather it's a real pressure washer or not is to be decided when I recieve it. It doesn't matter wheather it has a gas motor or a electric motor. It puts out 4000 psi and that will sure as hell wash off dirt and grease before stripping and wash off B17 after stripping. I don't care if you can use a sandblast attachment with the washer or not, it's not intended for that.
I do have a 1700 psi toy that's not worht a damn, I can piss a stronger stream than it can produce.
If the John Deere doesn't workout I havn't lost much.
bikerdad46
duke46 wrote:So you must be this GUY a***k( 131

Nope as I figured it would not work with this type unit. Only made for real ones :lol:

Thanks for the info even though a link would have been easier and would not had to sign in and then post the item #. Gee all the extra steps I had to go through.

I go watch TV now and take a break now :lol:
Bikerdad46