Proper Grounding

The things that help make your coating life a little easier.
kevinbrown96
My Location:

Re: Proper Grounding

Post by kevinbrown96 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:16 am

Great updates on Proper Grounding! Thanks for sharing such a descriptive guide on proper grounding taking into brief consideration of problems involved in the procedure with safety measure taken. It has been explained in a very layman language and will be useful for the masses.

TT350
My Location:

Post by TT350 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:19 pm

Has anyone added a ground rod and said "WOW" I should have done this sooner?
Has it fixed any problems for anyone?

RideIndustries
My Location: Canada

Post by RideIndustries » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:35 pm

TT350 wrote: Has it fixed any problems for anyone?
I doubt it, I'm sure grounding is just brought up every time a new guy has issues for no reason.

SCOTTRODS
My Location:

Post by SCOTTRODS » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:28 pm

TT350 wrote:Has anyone added a ground rod and said "WOW" I should have done this sooner?
Has it fixed any problems for anyone?
I'm supposing Ride was being Sarcastic (But just forgot his Smartazz Emoticon).... but very rarely does anyone not say "DAMN! I should have done this way long ago!".... It's pretty common. And rightly so, as it cures almost as many problems as Eastwood alone can generate....

See photos of my work at
http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg6/terrellster/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001788886297" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EMAIL scott@scottrodspc.com

TT350
My Location:

Post by TT350 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:55 pm

Scott, How in the hell do you get anything done?
I do a little pocking on the forums from time to time to see whats new and how some guys do this or that.
You have posted on every PC forum I've run across. Not hating just saying!

SCOTTRODS
My Location:

Post by SCOTTRODS » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:08 pm

TT350 wrote:Scott, How in the hell do you get anything done?
I do a little pocking on the forums from time to time to see whats new and how some guys do this or that.
You have posted on every PC forum I've run across. Not hating just saying!
I only do what is in my ability.... I work a full time Job..... coat when I can..... and Have In-Laws living with me permanently..... That's kind of had some Very limiting effects on my coating work as well.... But I still do coat stuff..... I sold all my 4 wheelers, so That doesn't get in the way anymore, but I am also getting into Metal Forming/Shaping, and have bought up a lot of Garage filling Equipment lately too..... Need any Louvers Punched?

Basically, I just don't do much Advertising, and I still get a fair little job every now and again..... It's spare money, and I don't coat for beer or for cheap. I'd probably be less than 10 under any store front coating biz, if not higher than some.... I do get to pick and choose.... LOL But yeah.... I keep up with and contribute on as many PC forums as I can, to keep the playing field level when it comes to noobs and their propensity to under sell everything....... And for now, I am actively seeking a Job change.... Anyone need a Car Nut/Mechanic/customizer around the DFW area?

See photos of my work at
http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg6/terrellster/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001788886297" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hjeades
My Location: Pekin, IL

Post by hjeades » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:29 pm

I think he meant how do you get anything when you are on all the forums. After reading what you just wrote how do you get anything done period? Dude you got a lot goin on with your life right now. Is your full time job on the computer? I didn't think it was. I know a lot of the guys that are always on are retired or work a job using the computer so it's easy for them.
Harley
Happiness is crusing in your street machine with a big breasted woman and a cold beer!
Definition of a Street Machine: A high horse power vehicle able to burn tires in high gear, & capable of evading high speed pursuit.
Restoration is not just a way of life, it's a way to bring new life. Save a car build a hot rod!
http://www.likenewparts.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SCOTTRODS
My Location:

Post by SCOTTRODS » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm

hjeades wrote:I think he meant how do you get anything when you are on all the forums. After reading what you just wrote how do you get anything done period? Dude you got a lot goin on with your life right now. Is your full time job on the computer? I didn't think it was. I know a lot of the guys that are always on are retired or work a job using the computer so it's easy for them.
My Full time Job is current;y Sans Computer.... we Just moved to a new building, and they shut off most of the internet access and wireless access there.... so I can't do much during the work day any more....

I do spend an inordinate amount of time helping folks out.... Today, (About 2:30 or so) I went to A friend's House, and helped him install an engine and Transmission in his 59 Beetle, so He'd be able to drive it in the Labor Day Parade Tomorrow, with his Daughter. It's been a big deal to them (Especially his daughter) for about 6 years now, as he's a City Councilman.

The funny thing is, I don't think I've got that much going on in my life that I really enjoy right now. Powder Coating and Helping out other Coaters is probably my best things going on for now. Thus the huge amount of postings on Powder Forums.... I find it a pleasant experience most times. But as some have probably noticed, my fuse runs short once in a while too. I try to keep a level head all the time. I learned that ONE thing from Harleydad... Jeff. He kinda was the catalyst in my understanding to be more understanding.... Don't know if I ever thanked him enough, but I know I thanked him a couple of times for his level-headed-ness on the forums. He was always cool and calm and helpful. Kinda Miss him being a part of the Gang here....

I'm having a bit of a time finding a decent paying replacement Job, but I'm trying..... The company has turned all yucky lately, and there's not really much promise there.

Now, so you'll understand why my posts are always long and laborious..... I read a lot on the forums (All of them) that is VERY Vague and VERY incomplete. I don't often do more than clarify some of it, but when I try to explain something, I want to be as clear as possible. Sometimes that means saying it a couple or three ways, to insure my point is made. I don't mean to leave any stones un-turned, but even with the monstrous, Novel type responses, I miss a ton. Same with this post. I don't mean to be a Pain in the butt by posting all the time on all the forums, but I have a few that I really try to be involved with for Powder Coating.

I participate as a Newb everywhere else, even though I've been around, in and out of the VW world for over 30 years.... there's a ton of guys that have remained way more informed and serious in that "hobby world". but now and again, I get to throw in some quick help for new guys..... Things like "The Speedo cable is Direct Driven from the left front wheel.".... which sounds stupid to have to tell anyone, but some folks get caught up in the rear wheel sizes and trans gear ratios, and forget that no matter what the rear end does.... the front is where you get your readings...

Again, this particular site P365 forums) is more like Family than just a bunch of coaters. I try to help vet the true people from the Chaff, when they come and go, as well. Don't take long.... but some persist and need an occasional nut busting..... Others need a nut busting because they're family. And the rest I enjoy and share and learn from. It wouldn't be right if we lost all our old timers from here.... Duke, Harley, (Still missing Harleydad), and more..... We all get to play and learn. Teaching seems to be some of us' nature.... others just never learn... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anyway.... It *is* funny that this doesn't seem like I do that much on here or on any of the forums.... Maybe these guys are seeing my username on the Volksrod group, the 2 Metal shaping forums, Shop Talk Forums.... I don't post often on the H.A.M.B, but I AM there, but had to modify my username.... lord only knows I'm a member on a couple of other forums that have no resemblance to the rest..... Maverick/Comet forums, Tool forums..... Shop Tool Forums, Wood working Forums, Toyota Forums, 3 Scion Forums.... (Yeah, I have 2 Scion xB's, and Love them!).....

and this weekend, Saturday, we had a HUGE garage sale..... Sold a bunch of Junk and got cash for it.... Missed 2 Car Shows..... lord only knows what tomorrow will bring. Maybe I'll join some more forums so I can use up some of this spare time.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh! I forgot,.... I have recently become a Tool Junkie..... Of the worst kind.... I have a Bunch of LARGE shop tools that take up a ton of room..... and I'm currently on the prowl for more..... No time for new forums after all.....

OK.... That's it for now, but if anyone brings it up again.... be careful... I may add more stuff to this ever growing list.

See photos of my work at

hjeades
My Location: Pekin, IL

Post by hjeades » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:36 am

Yea I miss chattin with Jeff alot too. I text him once in a while not like I should though. Hope ya find what you're lookin for Scott. In all your searches.
Harley
Happiness is crusing in your street machine with a big breasted woman and a cold beer!
Definition of a Street Machine: A high horse power vehicle able to burn tires in high gear, & capable of evading high speed pursuit.
Restoration is not just a way of life, it's a way to bring new life. Save a car build a hot rod!
http://www.likenewparts.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

noreason
My Location:

Proper Grounding

Post by noreason » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Scott, you can always come and restore my 57 chevy 210 project that moves about one bolt a year.