How many rinse new air hose?

The things that help make your coating life a little easier.
pavetim
My Location: japan

How many rinse new air hose?

Post by pavetim » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:42 pm

Wad just thinking and wondering how many of you rinse new air hose out before use

Harleydad
My Location:

Re: How many rinse new air hose?

Post by Harleydad » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:47 pm

New air hose for what?
I love my country, but fear my Government

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations - James Madison

pavetim
My Location: japan

Post by pavetim » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:58 pm

Just curious. Who knows what's in there oil/silicone wise.

WiseAssYT
My Location: Leaps ahead of you

Post by WiseAssYT » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:39 pm

Going out on a limb ,you do mean compressed air hose ?

I have cleaned lines out with alcohol, they weren't new , anything harsher than that could start deteriorating them

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Post by duke46 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:27 am

I also have had to clean out one that was contaminated with oil using denatured alc and had to deep clean an expensive paint gun and it was brand new? The pressurized containers that you can put acetone and alc in also need a good cleaning because they might have oil in them to keep the inside from rusting,

I have never had to clean out a new air line. But with China making most all of them these days then who knows? The Goodyear branded ones in my book are the best made in my book but there are others. With air hoses being used for painting then you would think they would be very clean on the inside.

My guess is you are having some issues you can't nail down is why you are asking? Check your air compressor real good if you are using one that has oil in it, You need to check other stuff as well. I think I even read where a guy had problems with a new spray container. I try to use the ZEP brand and most of the time the pump last longer. One guy was having problems and later found out his son was using a silicon spray in his garage when he detailed his car when dad was not around. It could even come in from the outside if the wind blows the wrong direction or when you cut on your exhaust fan for your spray booth? So watch what you use and read the label. You could be having problems because of the last person and what they did and used in your garage?
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;