Wiring question on my new build

scottscott
My Location: Ohio

Wiring question on my new build

Post by scottscott » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:41 pm

First of all my name is Scott. This is been a very valuable site and it's where I got my idea for the double oven conversion. But it turns out I wanted it to be bigger. So I started making my own.
I am using the wiring from the double oven though. My question is, needing to use two 3000 watt elements, would I hook them both to the top oven circuit. Where would I use the top oven circuit for one element in the bottom oven circuit for the other element?

scottscott
My Location: Ohio

Re: Wiring question on my new build

Post by scottscott » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:12 pm

Well after thinking about this for a while today, I think that's why I should go to the pid. It will handle 2 elements and keep a better temperature. I have a little bit of electrical background, but not with the pids. I have been looking them up just to see what they are and what they do. I'm waiting for my insulation to arrive in the mail. But I like to get the pid and everything together so I'm ready for when the insulation gets here. Duke I've been reading that you like the contacts. I will go this route also with the contacts. Could you help me locate the contacts and pid that goes with it? Anybody's input is appreciated and thanks in advance.

ed1966ss
My Location:

Re: Wiring question on my new build

Post by ed1966ss » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:12 pm

Duke is a fan of the contactors, I prefer using ssr's but either will work. There are many pid choices, most of the cheap ones are from China, Tiawan, etc. Some people use the Aubers, but I'm not a fan. IMO find a new or good used Watlow. There are some differences in models if you chose to use a contactor or ssr so decide before purchasing. Either way, send me a pm after you decide on a pid model and I can probably get you a good wiring diagram. I also may have a few Watlows around that I would part with. Ed