Shop Powder Coating Powder and Accessories Now (US Store)!Shop Powder Coating Powder and Accessories Now (Canada Store)!

Powder365.com

The forum for powder coaters by powder coaters.

best powder coating gun

best powder coating gun

Postby rsk7 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:03 am

I would like some opinions of which powder coating gun you guys think is the best on the market under 600-700 dollars. I am a beginer and want to do motorcycle and car parts and possibly alloy wheels.

Thanks

Richard kinloch
rsk7

Re: best powder coating gun

Postby tomespo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:29 pm

Id spend the extra money and get a nitro faze
tomespo

Postby Swedevil » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:10 pm

There was a used nitro faze on ebay a few days ago for $800. I contemplated it....
Swedevil

Postby AMUA6 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:22 pm

^^ that's a deal!
AMUA6

Postby jw450r1 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:29 pm

i just checked on ebay.not there
jw450r1

Postby CPC-X » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:05 pm

Keep saving your money until your budget can stand a $4k gun. I know there's sticker shock involved with this type of purchase. But the quality of your work, the ease of operation, the money you'll save in the long run over a handfull of "less than optimal equipment" that WILL crash-n-burn, and the general lack of headaches will more than pay for itself sooner than you think.

Aside from having plenty of air for blasting, there's not much better money spent if you want to do this for $$$.

Bigger booth, bigger oven, sure, but no matter how big of a booth or an oven you fork over the cash for, it will never be big enuff. You get rigged up for 20' boat trailers, and somebody WILL show up with a 22-footer - EVERY time.

You can make more money doing small, custom work that will fit in a 4'x4'x6' oven, over a shorter period of time, with a good quality gun, than almost any coater around you can make doing oilfield parts, or 5000 widgets. The operating overhead for that kind of work is staggering...........the profit margin is pitiful.
If my competition could do what I do, then I'd have some competition.
CPC-X

Postby auto-cycle pc » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:12 am

What he said X2! And I love my Gema!!

CPC-X wrote:Keep saving your money until your budget can stand a $4k gun. I know there's sticker shock involved with this type of purchase. But the quality of your work, the ease of operation, the money you'll save in the long run over a handfull of "less than optimal equipment" that WILL crash-n-burn, and the general lack of headaches will more than pay for itself sooner than you think.

Aside from having plenty of air for blasting, there's not much better money spent if you want to do this for $$$.

Bigger booth, bigger oven, sure, but no matter how big of a booth or an oven you fork over the cash for, it will never be big enuff. You get rigged up for 20' boat trailers, and somebody WILL show up with a 22-footer - EVERY time.

You can make more money doing small, custom work that will fit in a 4'x4'x6' oven, over a shorter period of time, with a good quality gun, than almost any coater around you can make doing oilfield parts, or 5000 widgets. The operating overhead for that kind of work is staggering...........the profit margin is pitiful.
auto-cycle pc

Postby killerkoatings » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:29 pm

I'm gonna agree. I started w/ and EW then a Caswell 50kv and then a HS02 and I recently purchased a new Wagner. I'm still figuring out the Wagner but it is night and day difference over the other stuff. I can understand where you are coming from and would at the very least save up for the nitro.
Print by mustangboy429, on Flickr
killerkoatings

Postby deeewuuu » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:29 pm

CPC-X wrote:Keep saving your money until your budget can stand a $4k gun. I know there's sticker shock involved with this type of purchase. But the quality of your work, the ease of operation, the money you'll save in the long run over a handfull of "less than optimal equipment" that WILL crash-n-burn, and the general lack of headaches will more than pay for itself sooner than you think.

I am "ALL IN" on this statement!
deeewuuu

Return to POWDER COATING