hydro ?s

hoosier
My Location: Utah

hydro ?s

Post by hoosier » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:05 am

Hey all,
I am getting into industrial powder coating and I have been asked by some customers if I, or anyone one around, can hydro dip. So I started looking into it. I can get a full set up, second hand, with some films for $2500. is this a good deal?

The tank is 76"x30"x28" (this unit is a TRUE manufactured unit with heaters, controller, timer ect... proven working) I can get the manu if needed
He has a bunch of films, activator, clears ect... but I am not sure what those are worth or even if they should be considered

I would also be looking at getting a 3 head plotter to allow me to print my own graphics. I understand there is not a BUNCH of money in this for my type of shop but I truly enjoy the idea of offering it to the customers I have now as well as my future customers. As long as I can recoup the cost of doing this in the next 3 years.

Chrisyeager12

Re: hydro ?s

Post by Chrisyeager12 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:13 am

Sounds like a great deal depending on the material the tank was made out of, what power it runs off of, and what components are used in the build and who built it.

We just purchased a brand new one around $12,000 includes training and Smart Panel from a company in Erie, PA. But we plan on doing monster sized plastics from UTV's as that's what most of us own around our area.