which gun to buy

Support & testimonies for Powder365 powder coating guns
crxnug
My Location: dunnville

which gun to buy

Post by crxnug » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:06 pm

Hi,Im new to the forums and hoping someone can help me , Im looking to buy a professional powder coating gun, it will be used for automotive parts (Small to car and bike frames), so im wouldnt be doing large commercial items, im looking for the best gun for this application, any help would be much appreciated

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Re: which gun to buy

Post by duke46 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:56 am

There re a lot of great pro units on the market to pick from. It all depends on how deep your pockets are? The Gema units are very well liked and some like the Wagner but we are talking $$$$.
How long have you been coating and what have you been using?

Your question has been ask many times on here and a lot of good answers and advice has been given. You need to look around for some of the post and with any luck you may find the info you are wanting.
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ZX10
My Location: 08302

Post by ZX10 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Andre
My Location: Michigan

Post by Andre » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:40 am

I'm also back in the market for a new gun. I recently upgraded from the Eastwood dual voltage gun to a prismatic es02 WF. The Eastwood is great besides the tight corners I thought the prismatic gun would be a great upgrade. The es02 is great when it isn't getting plugged up with powder or charging the hair on my arms instead of the powder. Sadly those problems have persisted and I'm very disappointed in the gun. I've made enough money with the Eastwood that I can afford something up to 3k. I mostly coat motorcycle frames and rims. The Parker gx7000 seems like it might be a good choice but I haven't found many reviews. I hear a lot about gema and Wagner but can only find outdated gema guns for sale. Any help or advice would be appreciated!

ZX10
My Location: 08302

Post by ZX10 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:13 am

Andre wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:40 am
I'm also back in the market for a new gun. I recently upgraded from the Eastwood dual voltage gun to a prismatic es02 WF. The Eastwood is great besides the tight corners I thought the prismatic gun would be a great upgrade. The es02 is great when it isn't getting plugged up with powder or charging the hair on my arms instead of the powder. Sadly those problems have persisted and I'm very disappointed in the gun. I've made enough money with the Eastwood that I can afford something up to 3k. I mostly coat motorcycle frames and rims. The Parker gx7000 seems like it might be a good choice but I haven't found many reviews. I hear a lot about gema and Wagner but can only find outdated gema guns for sale. Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Call parker Ionics see what they have to offer most of the time they will work with you just be honest let them know your budget and what your gonna be Coating..

I have there box feed unit works great (gx8500a) ask for Nate ! Or Ext: 108

‭(734) 326-7630‬

Wiseguyz
My Location: Fargo, ND

Post by Wiseguyz » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:35 pm

I use the new Wagner box feed. Works great, but you won't get a new one for under $4k. Lots of Gema users in my area too, but I don't like them as well. Mine has an air purge feature that cleans out the hoses between colors, so final cleaning and color changes are quick and easy. Very versatile with lots of memorized preset slots for different applications. Very user friendly. Whatever you go with, try to buy from a local dealer that services what they sell. Having issues with a gun and having no local support sucks, as you have learned the hard way. Best of luck!