trouble with coating two sides with different colors

News from Powder 365, New products, Specials
mefisto
My Location: Los Angeles

trouble with coating two sides with different colors

Post by mefisto » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:36 pm

Hello! I am an enthusiast in powder coating, and I would like some professional help. I’ve been working on a project for two weeks, and I had trouble with coating two sides of a computer case (not simultaneously). For the computer case, I colored black for the outside, and white for the inside. The problem is that the computer case contains complicated curves, along with holes of different shapes and sizes. As of the moment, I am trying to mask each hole and surface with high-temp masking tape before applying my powder coating to the computer case. In my case, I cannot mask the case holes using silicon pull plugs, as that does not work. I am using the masking tape on a pre-cured side, which has a temperature of 200 degrees Fahrenheit. After this, I used the powder coating on a different side. After the procedure, the side containing the powder coat beings to melt. While the side melts, the masking tape stuck to the face deforms the surface. Can someone please help me out? I’ve already attempted to powder coat the computer case 5 times, and neither of these attempts were successful.

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Re: trouble with coating two sides with different colors

Post by duke46 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:29 pm

200 is not going to get it. Full cure it and then use your high temp tape if you are using the type made for coating that is.
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;