Welcome to Powder 365
Jay V
My Location:

Re: New Member

Post by Jay V » Tue May 22, 2018 11:42 am

WiseAssYT wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:38 pm
Lol

I did start with a high end gun, I don’t fuck around.

The rest of your babble just sounds like your begging for someone to come into this discussion to stand up for you because of what you VOLUNTEERED to do for this country, lol

So we’re clear ,EVERYTHING THE GOVERNMENT HAS , IS STOLEN!!

Our country’s drug problems were created by our military’s ,from the opium to the cocainne , I’m all for civilians owning machine guns and our rights to protect property,but our military and how it is used around the world is a joke and those that join our nations armed forces just perpetuate the issues out of simple minded ignorance.
maybe you are a war hero,but your not mine lol.

I don’t need anyone to protect me from someone or some group on another continent! Anyone who thinks they do or thinks they have to is also a moron.

I’d have more respect for you ,if you said you were in the Red Cross or green peace lol, at least then I’d think you were sorta informed..

Best wishes.
Really Wise - WTF is wrong with you?

Your off-the-wall rants have hit a new low.

Jay V
My Location:

Post by Jay V » Tue May 22, 2018 12:01 pm

adi wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 3:46 pm
I am new to this forum and looking for advice. I have been in the printing business for 15 years and the hydrographics business for 2 years. Most of my clients have been begging for powder coating, so I attended training at PBTP. I resisted their sales pressure to buy their equipment. I would rather ask the professionals on this site what they recommend. I have a 3x3x6 oven, compressor, ground, etc. Since I already do hydro I am looking at finishing my metal offerings with a low temp powder clear. There are a lot of faraday cage areas on some of the wheels that I dip. So with a budget of around $1500 what do you guys recommend?
The gun is only part of the equation. You will want a decent booth, compressor, filtering, and air dryer. An industrial convection oven is a good idea for things like wheels. You can damage them by getting them too close to open heating elements. Too much heat will also mess with your hydro, especially light colors.

Unfortunately, you will eventually need some type of chemical stripper - as things don't always go right. Especially because you are working over hydro you will have additional challenges. I occasionally strip parts for a business in the area that does hydro. Plenty of room to mess up in both processes.

Low cure powders usually suck, so do some serious testing before hitting a wheel with it. It's a good idea, but just doesn't usually flow well at all for some reason.

As far as guns go, going with a high-end, older, used gun is often a good idea. There are times you really need to be able to get consistent results and make fine adjustments. Some of the mid-range guns lack that ability.

Wheels can be tricky to get right, so I would test and practice on personal or scrap parts before diving-in on difficult customer wheels.

And, I for one, appreciate all that serve or have served.

WiseAssYT
My Location: Leaps ahead of you

Post by WiseAssYT » Tue May 22, 2018 8:15 pm

Jay not for nothing but his service to this country has dick to do with anything , I didn’t bring it up, he did! I’m sorry I say the things others won’t,I’m not here for your approval or popularity lol.

Asking or expecting help based on that is typical of a certain type of person. He is that person,
I know plenty who have served that will never say they served because they didn’t join for pretentious reasons !

Honestly I’m not here to teach history or give lessons on how the world works but ever since the Cuban missile crisis our military has continued to put its nose where it does not belong. Since the drop of the draft 90% of those who have joined did so for no other reason than a family or friend had joined ,then Most panicked and went awol when they realize the GI bill was a giant scam that put basically high schoolers into the middle of huge global conflicts unprepared and undertrained.

Ask any what they are fighting for and they couldn’t give you a legitimate answer. Because YOU CAN love America right from here. Lol!

The only enemy the US has is the US government, anyone who thinks otherwise will continue to follow just about any one or thing right off the cliff.

You know these drugs don’t just land on the streets ? Crime is money , from prisons ,rehabs to insurance , this is all to keep money going to the government through fines , confiscation of property and money. Which keeps people employed by prisons , courts ,probation, court ordered rehabs and hospitals , which is what most former military do for jobs , that’s no coincidence!

Air America was real in Vietnam and there has been one version or another of it ever since.
Look at crime in America before Vietnam ? Look after ? See a difference ?

Those who don’t know history are bound to repeat it ,

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Post by duke46 » Tue May 22, 2018 8:26 pm

Well said jay V :) He is getting ready to jump into something that is going to cost him dearly and may even put him out of business so he needs to really work at what he wants and even if he has what he thinks as for as mastering it he can still fail and BAD and have to start all over.

If he thinks he still wants to try coating then he has to get all his ducks in a row and get ready for the larger parts like wheels but start coating smaller parts and go from there. Coating wheels is a new ball game and even though I didn't have an $8000 to $10000 gun I found out real fast that I really needed one but I have learned how to use what I have and done really well with what I have but has taken time.

Best of luck to him is all I can say and he needs hands on and then time to learn and a piece of shit powder coating school like PBTP is not worth a crap except maybe get you in trouble ASAP. All he got out of it was maybe the basic part of it? I do not think there is any place that would teach him what he needs and if it did then it would take weeks to learn and you still would not master it and you would just have to do that on your own win or lose and that is just the way it is sorry to say,
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jay V
My Location:

Post by Jay V » Wed May 23, 2018 9:07 am

WiseAssYT wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:15 pm
Jay not for nothing but his service to this country has dick to do with anything , I didn’t bring it up, he did! I’m sorry I say the things others won’t,I’m not here for your approval or popularity lol.

Asking or expecting help based on that is typical of a certain type of person. He is that person,
I know plenty who have served that will never say they served because they didn’t join for pretentious reasons !

Honestly I’m not here to teach history or give lessons on how the world works but ever since the Cuban missile crisis our military has continued to put its nose where it does not belong. Since the drop of the draft 90% of those who have joined did so for no other reason than a family or friend had joined ,then Most panicked and went awol when they realize the GI bill was a giant scam that put basically high schoolers into the middle of huge global conflicts unprepared and undertrained.

Ask any what they are fighting for and they couldn’t give you a legitimate answer. Because YOU CAN love America right from here. Lol!

The only enemy the US has is the US government, anyone who thinks otherwise will continue to follow just about any one or thing right off the cliff.

You know these drugs don’t just land on the streets ? Crime is money , from prisons ,rehabs to insurance , this is all to keep money going to the government through fines , confiscation of property and money. Which keeps people employed by prisons , courts ,probation, court ordered rehabs and hospitals , which is what most former military do for jobs , that’s no coincidence!

Air America was real in Vietnam and there has been one version or another of it ever since.
Look at crime in America before Vietnam ? Look after ? See a difference ?

Those who don’t know history are bound to repeat it ,
You have a very odd view of America, the military, and history.

We don't need to go looking for our enemies - they will find us. Sticking you head in the sand and saying we don't need to go after them is bullshit.

The government certainly has its issues, but saying those that serve are part of the problem is really messed up.

Rant all you want about powder coating and how smart you are and how dumb everyone is - I could give a shit.

Your disrespect for those that serve, and those that have given all for our country, is truly pathetic.