Nordic Pulver/ Liquid Powder Concepts Tribo Volt

Welcome to Powder 365
bsmith107
My Location: Lubbock TX

Nordic Pulver/ Liquid Powder Concepts Tribo Volt

Post by bsmith107 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:48 pm

I have a LPC Tribo volt to powder coat yeti cups, and when i got it, it worked great but after a few color changes the little clear hose that feeds the air into the inside of the gun, connects the rod inside the cup. First of all, it comes with a longer rod for a bigger cup to hold a whopping whole pound of powder. Which is another subject, because you can't even disconnect the short one it comes with, I've taken it apart as fas as i can get and it definetly doesn't come out easily, and if i could get it out i bet it would break the two blue o rings that I've never seen before in my life. I can't get any help from anyone, The positives of the tribe technology works great for faraday, but what good is that if you can't change the color more than a couple of times? If anyone else has this gun and has come up with anything, please help.

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Re: Nordic Pulver/ Liquid Powder Concepts Tribo Volt

Post by duke46 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:28 am

I have a couple of the Tribo guns but not advanced as that one. One has the cup under like an old paint gun but a metal pickup tube and the other one the cup is on top like the HF units.

I have never seen that one but have seen the video on the $150 unit.

I guess what you are saying is when you contact the company that you bought it from or makes it in Anderson SC I think? They do not help you?

You can't be the only one that has had this problem and they should be able to help you unless they have found out the have something that is not worth a crap?

If lucky by making this post and if Google is still doing it thing then it will be on the net and just maybe someone will see your post.

Wish you the best of luck on it and wish I could help. I would like to see a picture of the area you are talking about if possible?

To post a picture on here is easy but it has to be smaller than on other sites.

Some guys use this program
http://tinypic.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bsmith107

Post by bsmith107 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:27 am

Hey man, yeah I have been debating ripping the little clear Hose completely out of the gun so that I could make a metal up like you have.. I have contacted him and he has been great, sent me a new nozzle bc they are made out of plastic so guess they break all the time.. he told me he super glued all of of his. Lol.
I have texted him a pic of the last black yeti cup I did that has specs of white all in it.
Last edited by bsmith107 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

duke46

Post by duke46 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:22 am

If he is not a BBB member and I doubt he is? All you can do is file your complaint and anyone else looking will find it. Best you can do.

Dumb move to super glue something that is made to change out from short to long :(

Could you maybe find a little barbed fitting you could add and then connect the longer tube when needed?

You say white specks? Did you shoot any white powder or do you think it is coming from the inside of the gun or from the clear hopper?

bsmith107

Post by bsmith107 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:47 pm

He just called me and I got it figured out lol. I super glued my last blue nozzle but he sent me a new one. But a little denatured alcohol and blowing air through the air port in the gun worked like a charm..

duke46

Post by duke46 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:49 am

bsmith107 wrote:He just called me and I got it figured out lol. I super glued my last blue nozzle but he sent me a new one. But a little denatured alcohol and blowing air through the air port in the gun worked like a charm..
How have you been cleaning it out?

Only time denatured alcohol is used would be when you are having to clean out oil/water that had came in through your air line like from you compressor.

Glade he contacted you back and you have it working. I have noticed with the ones I have that they will not shoot all types of powders. Wrinkles is one I wish they could shoot but they want. Primer will not shoot. Any powder that is heavier than most will not shoot. I really cranked up the air trying to shoot a wrinkle once and it just would not come out enough to coat what I needed and that was a fined Harley item :(